Subwoofer options for 08 crew cab

taterthedog

Reaction score
Factory stereo is dying, so I would like to replace it and add a sub. I use the center console a lot, and I usually have stuff behind the rear seats. Anywhere else to put a good sub to give it some thump? Under the seats? I also need some ideas on what to do with the spot where the rear DVD player mounts, since I assume it won't work with an aftermarket head unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uga_dawg

Reaction score
Mine has the factory option for one behind the back seat in the middle. If I were putting one back there I would put it on the left or right so that I had room for longer items rather than 2 shorter areas.

I also have the floorboards under the seat so no storage there but I'd rather have under seat storage than behind the seat storage.

taterthedog

Reaction score
I use all my storage really. Have first aid kit, spare wipers, TP, and usually a shotgun or 2 behind the seat. Console is full. Don't know if there is enough room under the front seats. I'm also looking at the idea of building a box basically extending the console to the dash.

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
have you looked into the JL stealth box? it mounts under the rear seat on the passenger side

taterthedog

Reaction score
I got the metal fold out platforms under the seat and I use them often. More than the seat really.

zwalker

Reaction score
I've got 2 kicker 10s behind the seat. The 5-channel amp is located under the metal fold out platforms (driver side). PM me and I can send you some pictures.

Latest posts

Members online