The dreaded 5r110

rjustman

Reaction score
I am looking for inputs on what you guys are using for sensors from the 6.0 to the cummins..I have a 2006 with a commonrail motor..using destroked tach box for rpm, Luke at MPD pedal assembly, Vss, map, and hooked maf up just for air temp purposes..

What else are yall plumbing into cummins motor.

Thanks

Richard

rjustman

Reaction score
Using a snap on device no codes are stored except a p2552 with is a ficm related problem..I took all sensors off, sprayed with electrical cleaner and now it shifts great and no limps anymore..

diezelfreak

Reaction score
How long have you had the swap done I have been thinking long an hard about doing the swap myself on my 04. Just have read we're people have nothing but trouble with the 5r an some don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjustman

Reaction score
Just finished it up.but couldn't be happier..I had a 12v and F6 in the same truck..I swapped to a commonrail and honestly the commonrail was a much easier swap.I'm actually wanting to do another one..f350 or 450 with a 6.7..the 5r does really well in the swap if you have the right tools and take your time..put as many sensors as you can from the 6.0 on the cummins and it's pretty simple..I csn give you a list of people I used and parts if you like.just pm me..the BIGGEST deal with the 5r that I've found is the tach.if it's not perfectly steady it won't work..which is where the commonrail is easier to do than a 12v or 24v, you use the factory cummins crank sensor and tone wheel off the commonrail.

diezelfreak

Reaction score
Ok yeah if you don't care to pm me some info I would appreciate it. I'm really wanting to do a conman rail if I do the swap. I have been trying to think would it be better to spend money on the 6.0 an take a chance or do a cummins swap. I just want a good dependable weekend truck an toy rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjustman

Reaction score
Yeah she still has a few quirks I'd like to talk to you about but so far she's leaps and bounds better

Latest posts

Members online