Coil spring adapters?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Recently found my leaf spring bushings are shot, I've known my springs have been flat pretty much since I bought the truck. New ford springs at my cost are around 350 bucks, Icon 4 in springs last I checked are about 800 bucks. Id like to do a coil spring swap, but no single wheel front axles for sale around me, and the frame cutting edge has for sale in the classifieds is pretty much out of the question due to shipping, and all what not.

Any one know if there is anybody making coil spring adapters to bolt on to the 99-04 front axle? Upper spring buckets and all what not shouldn't be too much of a problem, the axle is whats hanging me up.

Thanks

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Recently found my leaf spring bushings are shot, I've known my springs have been flat pretty much since I bought the truck. New ford springs at my cost are around 350 bucks, Icon 4 in springs last I checked are about 800 bucks. Id like to do a coil spring swap, but no single wheel front axles for sale around me, and the frame cutting edge has for sale in the classifieds is pretty much out of the question due to shipping, and all what not.

Any one know if there is anybody making coil spring adapters to bolt on to the 99-04 front axle? Upper spring buckets and all what not shouldn't be too much of a problem, the axle is whats hanging me up.

Thanks

Do you have a set of 05 axles already?

sootie

Reaction score
i have a 2011 hit in the rear that i salvaged the motor out of for a project. Was going to part the rest out if you want both axles and all the front end components, shoot me a pm. Could even get steering gear and pitman arm. Not sure how the speed sensors cross over in the rear. Also the rear springs are no good. I'm not interested in cutting the radius arm mounts off or coil buckets though. They should be cheap enough thru your work.

Jomax

Reaction score
I have a set of V code front springs you can have, if you decide to go back with stock springs. They're just sitting in the backyard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Do you have a set of 05 axles already?

No, just the axles that are in my truck. That's why I was curious if anyone made an adapter to mount coils on. Only one set of 05+ axles for sale around me, and its to convert to a dually, and guy is asking 3500...

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
i have a 2011 hit in the rear that i salvaged the motor out of for a project. Was going to part the rest out if you want both axles and all the front end components, shoot me a pm. Could even get steering gear and pitman arm. Not sure how the speed sensors cross over in the rear. Also the rear springs are no good. I'm not interested in cutting the radius arm mounts off or coil buckets though. They should be cheap enough thru your work.

Thanks for the offer sootie. I think shipping from Canada would kill me. And isn't it a lot harder to put 08+ axles in? I thought I read something aboot them being different?

sootie

Reaction score
Pallet shipping is quite cheap. The sway bar links attach 90 degrees differently. Not sure on steering gear, pitman arm or track bar bracket. As far as the rear goes, I have one out of an 05 but it's 3:73 and the 11 I have is 3:31 or 3:55.

Latest posts

Members online