Coolant overflow bubbling in degas

KAquack

Reaction score
My coolant has over flowed before. When I turn the truck off my coolant bubles in the bottle. The truck have been studded and has an mishimoto rad. It also has a coolant filtration system. I know this problem can be caused by an Kim head gasket or the head being lifted under boost pressure. My eot and etc run around the 185-195 range usually 4-6* apart. The only time I can get the system to Puke is going up the mountains close to my house runythw boost around 20psi for a period of time or to hit 35+ lbs of boost. Any one have an idea or input of what my problem could be?

Lipka101

Reaction score
Head gaskets. Possibly egr cooler leaking if they still on the truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

KAquack

Reaction score
im pretty sure the head gasket is blown too. The truck is supposed to be studded but i guess not

Lipka101

Reaction score
If the heads were warped or damaged it could be leaking even if it is studded. Maybe the block wasn't prepped properly.

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
If the heads were warped or damaged it could be leaking even if it is studded. Maybe the block wasn't prepped properly.

This. 6.4s are notorious for head problems unfortunately. I'd say more often than not, heads need to be worked on if they lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kjk427

Reaction score
Is the Degas bottle the correct one for the 6.4 ?

The attachments show the what the incorrect and correct bottle should look like and the updated Venturi T for the degas bottle.

If all this is correct have you replaced the stock degas bottle cap with a replacement cap?

The stock cap is prone to failing and not holding the correct pressure inside the degas bottle, you can pick up a replacement cap at any autoparts store.

Attachments

• incorrect.png
    incorrect.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 82
  • correct.jpg
    correct.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Venturi T.jpg
    Venturi T.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 72

silatj

Reaction score
What he said. I noticed a coolant leak two days ago. Changed my cap and all good. Second time I've changed the cap

KAquack

Reaction score
Is the Degas bottle the correct one for the 6.4 ?

The attachments show the what the incorrect and correct bottle should look like and the updated Venturi T for the degas bottle.

If all this is correct have you replaced the stock degas bottle cap with a replacement cap?

The stock cap is prone to failing and not holding the correct pressure inside the degas bottle, you can pick up a replacement cap at any autoparts store.

my degas bottle has the two hose style. the top hose is caped and I do not need the Venturi t due to me not having an egr

Latest posts

Members online