Reaction score

Attachments

• 5FD0496C-C74F-4B06-9C80-3173D480863E.jpg
    5FD0496C-C74F-4B06-9C80-3173D480863E.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

spooledplatinum

Reaction score
Not looking to get away from the Toyos, but I would consider the Terra Grappler G2s as well. They look similar to the AT2s and I dont think they are as loud.

NickPic83

Reaction score
Buddie of mine has the G2'S and they have lasted him nearly 70,000 miles on stock size wheel on a 08 CCSB with 6.4

I have the G2's on my 13 CCSB lifted in 355/60/20 for a little while now and they seem to be wearing well, ride smooth and pretty quiet but I do wish I had something a little more aggressive/knobby looking

Jomax

Reaction score
I love my G2s I expect at least 50k by the looks of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c63 AMG

Reaction score
I have Toyo AT2s came on my stock 20s, 2015. I don't care for them because they are very slick in the wet or even damp road. Anything over 10% throttle and tires are spinning. I can't even pull into traffic without a big gap because I know I will be spinning.

Had them in the snow twice now and they spin like crazy as well. Even just an inch of snow sitting on a slight incline I'm spinning bad with light throttle. Will say rear is set about 65psi which is how they came so maybe it's to much?

Considering trying RT hoping they are better. I will say AT2 are quiet.

Sent from my banana using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ckrueg

Reaction score
I have Toyo AT2s came on my stock 20s, 2015. I don't care for them because they are very slick in the wet or even damp road. Anything over 10% throttle and tires are spinning. I can't even pull into traffic without a big gap because I know I will be spinning.

Had them in the snow twice now and they spin like crazy as well. Even just an inch of snow sitting on a slight incline I'm spinning bad with light throttle. Will say rear is set about 65psi which is how they came so maybe it's to much?

Considering trying RT hoping they are better. I will say AT2 are quiet.

That's interesting. I have 295 65 r20 at2 on my 2010. It's a super cab long bed so no weight over the rear and they are great. Compared to my cooper at they are much better in the snow and wet roads. also I'm running 40 psi which seemed to help

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

c63 AMG

Reaction score
That's interesting. I have 295 65 r20 at2 on my 2010. It's a super cab long bed so no weight over the rear and they are great. Compared to my cooper at they are much better in the snow and wet roads. also I'm running 40 psi which seemed to help

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think my tire pressure could be affecting it some. I did however read on another forum people had similar issues as me. It's almost as if the tire compound is to hard.

On my C63 in the winter my Michelin PSS get hard as rock and are worthless. That's pretty much how the AT2 feel with any kind on moisture. Ice skates.

ThreeBigFords

Reaction score
I'm also a huge fan of Toyo tires, ran 6 sets of the 35" MT's on 2 Superduty's and an Excursion. My next set was going to be the Toyo RT's. Then I sold the F350 and moved up to the F450.

That's where my love of Toyo's ended.

Having moved up to the 19.5 Alcoa wheels that come stock the 2015 and up F450's, my tires choices became rather limited. The stock Continental HSR's with only 10k miles on them were smooth and quiet, but lacked any kind of traction on anything but bone dry pavement.

Being a Toyo fan, I opted for the Toyo M608z on all 6 tires. BIG MISTAKE! Truck was almost dangerous to drive. Even the tire shop manager noted that it was diffuclt to keep the truck in it's lane. Horrible bouncing, shaking at all speeds, serious tire squirm and extremely loud. ( remember I'm used to Toyo MT's)

After 4 attempts at rebalancing, replacing two of the new tires, having to buy two new wheels after destroying the front wheels, the tire shop manager conferred with his corporate headquarters, and decided the best bet was to switch to Michelin XDS2's.

Man...it's like night and day.
Truck rides smooth again, easily half the noise of the Toyo's, almost no tread squirm, and better traction to boot.

So...while I'm still a huge fan of the Toyo MT and RT...once you hit the commercial truck tire sizes, pay the upcharge and stick with Michelin. Lesson learned. Hope this can save someone else the 2 months of irritation I just went through.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
I'm also a huge fan of Toyo tires, ran 6 sets of the 35" MT's on 2 Superduty's and an Excursion. My next set was going to be the Toyo RT's. Then I sold the F350 and moved up to the F450.

That's where my love of Toyo's ended.

Having moved up to the 19.5 Alcoa wheels that come stock the 2015 and up F450's, my tires choices became rather limited. The stock Continental HSR's with only 10k miles on them were smooth and quiet, but lacked any kind of traction on anything but bone dry pavement.

Being a Toyo fan, I opted for the Toyo M608z on all 6 tires. BIG MISTAKE! Truck was almost dangerous to drive. Even the tire shop manager noted that it was diffuclt to keep the truck in it's lane. Horrible bouncing, shaking at all speeds, serious tire squirm and extremely loud. ( remember I'm used to Toyo MT's)

After 4 attempts at rebalancing, replacing two of the new tires, having to buy two new wheels after destroying the front wheels, the tire shop manager conferred with his corporate headquarters, and decided the best bet was to switch to Michelin XDS2's.

Man...it's like night and day.
Truck rides smooth again, easily half the noise of the Toyo's, almost no tread squirm, and better traction to boot.

So...while I'm still a huge fan of the Toyo MT and RT...once you hit the commercial truck tire sizes, pay the upcharge and stick with Michelin. Lesson learned. Hope this can save someone else the 2 months of irritation I just went through.

Another good tire in 19.5 wheel sizing is the goodyear g622 traction a fair amount of the customers at the shop i work for run them on landscaping and high scrub application vehicles.

Diezel_Dawg

Reaction score
Look into the Toyo 920s. We use them at work on our F550s and get good mileage out of them if rotated regularly. They are more an AT tire.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Tarheel_6.4L

Reaction score
I'm loving my Toyo RT's so far. Coming from the a set of MT's, I don't plan on running another tire. Now it's time to see if they hold up to the 45,000 mile warranty.

mohead1

Reaction score
Im also using the Goodyear G622's on my 08 4-Fifty.....little noisy...but good looking and good traction. Seem to have long tread life so far

crash86

Reaction score
Is anybody running toyo rt's 33x12.50 on a 20x12 wheel? I have the mt's now just doing a little research on my next tire. Just wanting a little quieter ride and to see how they look. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Ran the r/t and they last forever with good traction. Have the C/T now and they are a lot better on wet roads and just as good in dirt. That's all I have for experience so far. Also just as loud as r/t to.

Latest posts

Members online