My new Warren Transmission is leaking

300000 and counting

Reaction score
Bell housing vents. Fluid on the bottom of the stick after I added a half quart. This is the reply I got from the shop guy a few minutes ago.

Yes. I'll be there @ 4:15pm. To check it , you do know that if it is the convert seal gone bad the Trans needs to be removed. You will have to send it back for your warranty. Their is a charge for labor On removal of transmission
His text,

Whose Text

Reaction score
Bell housing vents. Fluid on the bottom of the stick after I added a half quart. This is the reply I got from the shop guy a few minutes ago.

Yes. I'll be there @ 4:15pm. To check it , you do know that if it is the convert seal gone bad the Trans needs to be removed. You will have to send it back for your warranty. Their is a charge for labor On removal of transmission
His text,

Did you buy it though the shop that installed it or provide them with the trans?

NathannialD

Reaction score
So the vent on the top of the trans is leaking correct?

If so the converter seal has nothing to do with it. It's 99% likely it's just the pump but either way the trans is coming back out

Buckiii2

Reaction score
Bought the transmission and TC from Warren Diesel Shop in Pennsylvania. Installed locally here in San Antonio Texas. Leaking from the vents in the bottom of the bell housing. The company that installed it came by yesterday to look at it. Looks like they are going to take care of it. I will let you all know. Thanks

Buckiii2

Reaction score
Well they changed thier mind. They say 8 months is too long to say it is an installation error. Going to charge me to pull the tranny and fix the seal/leak. I communicated with another local shop, they told me they would warranty thier work for 12 months. What is the norm?

pog

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I missed it but did you contact warren?

Wayne

Reaction score
Before it gets torn down, try to re-torque the pump bolts to the case. I'm curious to know if any of them are loose. that, and gasket and o ring condition between the pump and case.

Latest posts

Members online