steel driveshaft?

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a steel rear driveshaft. I have been wondering why they cheaped out and didn't give me an aluminum one since I got the truck. Then after looking at a couple of pics people posted of their trucks yesterday I am wondering if there was a specific reason I didn't get the lighter aluminum from the factory again. I will try to source one from driveshaft shop or junk yard. Can you guys think of any reason not to? and why they didn't install it to begin with?

truck is a ccsb 4wd snow plow prep

Kxc

Reaction score
I think all super dutys are steel. I changed mine to aluminum after the 3.5" lift because the slip yoke pulled out of the trans about 1.5" . The manufacturer said it was fine but I didn't want to chance it. With a one piece driveshaft any longer than stock it has to be aluminum. I went with Driveshaft Specialties INC. Think I paid around $800 for 5" model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellow1000

Reaction score
I've seen a few 11 and up with aluminum ones. All mine have been steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
My 13 f350, srw, ccsb has a steel shaft. But ford did put some aluminum driveshafts in the 6.7 superdutys from the factory. I don't know why or what or why they quit though.

sootie

Reaction score
My 2012 ext cab is a steel two piece. My 11 reg cab is a steel one piece. My wrecked 11 donor truck is a ccsb with a one piece aluminum. No idea the rhyme or reason.

Latest posts

Members online