Another tune question.

SpyderX

Reaction score
Getting the SCT X4 with *** Deleeet as mentioned. Is it necessary to get the EGT sensor? This keeps an eye on exhaust temps, is that a concern with tuning and Deleeting? I thought doing these Mods would reduce engine temps..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregW

Reaction score
It's always important to monitor vitals like EGT. Pulling a trailer up a long grade, things can start to get hot pretty quick.

SpyderX

Reaction score
It's always important to monitor vitals like EGT. Pulling a trailer up a long grade, things can start to get hot pretty quick.

I see. So I guess I should get the EGT kit then when I place my order.

brown1

Reaction score
to bump an old thread, the stock sensor is still used yes? what is the purpose of the aux one and if the stock one is installed where would the tuner one go?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Can the X4 read the factory egt sensor from the exhaust? If so can remove the factory sensor and place it in the egr plate and still get the temperature to display on the x4? Much like that on the mini max, Spartin and ez lynk?

TLyons90

Reaction score
Can the X4 read the factory egt sensor from the exhaust? If so can remove the factory sensor and place it in the egr plate and still get the temperature to display on the x4? Much like that on the mini max, Spartin and ez lynk?

I could be wrong and not looking correctly but according to my X4 hooked up on my truck. I see no reading or PID for EGT.

Kenz

Reaction score
X4 can read EGTs. You need the SCT probe, the factory one won't work. To read EGTs use the analog in 7.