4"-4.5" Lift Options for 6.7L

DarcyB

Reaction score
I've been doing some research and reading on some different forums and Google searching but can't find exact answers to my questions. Looking for input from the guys using their trucks for towing and hauling. I've read that a lot of guys are liking the carli lifts and icon lift for smooth ride and comfort. Myself I'm not too big on needing a more comfortable ride and wanna retain the trucks capacity without a squatting rear when a trailers loaded and attached. I've read that this is a problem using the carli system with full leaf pack replacement, not sure if that's for all systems though. Other research I've come across is with rear block lift kits though, the bigger the lift block the worse axle wrap occurs so traction bars are required.

I'm looking to get the clearance for the 22" 10 lug "super singles" with adapters and 35" tires. Similar to these trucks. attachment-1.jpg new-look--22-inch-super-singles-on-nitto-trail-gra.jpg
bracher.jpg

My truck is a 2015 F250 super cab long box. Has the 2 piece drive shaft and overload springs in the rear with the +3" blocks. Also has the rear sway bar.
20161130_092513.jpg

My lift options I'm looking at are priced around the $2500 mark, here are links to the options I'm looking at. Some include traction bars which I want with blocks and some include extended brake lines which I'm not sure if are a necessity. Any help would be appreciated.

4" BDS $2367.33
http://bds-suspension.com/kit-customizer?kid=588H
Included in kit build:
Progressive Coils
Radius arm drop brackets
Sway bar drop brackets
Dropped pitman arm
Track bar relocation bracket
Bump stop extensions
5" rear blocks
NX2 series shocks
Rear dual add-a-leaf
Recoil traction bars
Drive shaft alignment kit

4.5" PMF Alpha Kit $2779.00
http://www.pmfsuspension.com/2011-16-45-Alpha_p_84.html
Includes:
Progressive coils
Adjustable 3-link arms
Stage 2 traction bars
6" rear blocks
5/8" U-bolt kit
Bilstein 5100 series shocks
Adjustable track bar

4" Pure Performance Triple Threat Stage 1 $2649.00
http://www.pure-performance.biz/11-Pres-F250-4-Triple-Threat-Stage1-p/2410009.htm
Includes:
Sport tuned progressive front coils
Radius arm drop brackets
Adjustable track bar
Sway bar end links
Bump stop extensions
Rear mini spring packs
Rear blocks
Extended brake lines
Sport tuned 2.0 prodigy shocks
U-bolt kit

4" Pure Performance x-factor stage 2 $2649.00
http://www.pure-performance.biz/11-Pres-F250-4-X-Factor-Stage2-p/2420015.htm
Includes:
Sport tuned progressive rate coils
Adjustable Trac bar
Radius arm drop brackets
Sway bar end links
Bump stop extensions
Lift blocks
U-bolt kit
Sport tuned 2.625 prodigy shocks

4.5" Carli starter system $2695.00
http://www.carlisuspension.com/ford-super-duty/suspension/starter.html
Includes:
Carli multi rate coils
Radius arm drop brackets with cross member
Sway bar end links
Adjustable track bar
6 leaf progressive add-a-packs
Bump stop drops
Extended brake lines

4" Cognito Stage 3 Tow Pkg. $2167.90
http://www.xtremediesel.com/Cognito...e-3-Tow-Pkg.-4-Lift-with-Bilstein-Shocks.aspx
Includes:
Progressive rate coils
Boxed radius arms
Track bar bracket
Drop pitman arm
4.5" rear blocks

4.5" icon stage 1 system $2325.23
http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop...ty-f250-f350-45-suspension-system-stage1.html
Includes:
Sway bar drop brackets
Bump stop spacers
Brake line brackets
Dual rate coils
Radius arm drop brackets
Adjustable track bar
5" rear blocks
U-bolt kit
Icon 2.0 shocks

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Betarocker

Reaction score
I prefer softer springs with quality shocks, and use air bags to deal with the different loads. Traction bars to control wrap.

Current truck has Icon and Fox for the parts which aren't OUO

JRLott

Reaction score
Most with bars will tell you these need bars from the factory. Based on the amazing increase in ride quality from my Carlis and factory rear springs, I'd like to try some deavers. Run bags with them and you have the best of both worlds. Great ride and controllable squat.

JRLott

Reaction score
Run the Carli or Icon springs with appropriate supporting hardware up front, throw some 5-6" traction blocks from OUO or PMF with accompanying bars and you should be good. That's more than you budgeted, but is likely the best route until you decide the ride is worth a rear spring upgrade with bags.

JRLott

Reaction score
I don't know. I put my springs in after I had the grill guard. Didn't measure the before and after on the factory springs, but the Carli springs did result in very close to 2.5" of lift. I don't remember the exact numbers. Just that they were right at the claimed lift. Some one here will know the spring rates of both so you can figure it pretty close.

Brian22

Reaction score
I don't know. I put my springs in after I had the grill guard. Didn't measure the before and after on the factory springs, but the Carli springs did result in very close to 2.5" of lift. I don't remember the exact numbers. Just that they were right at the claimed lift. Some one here will know the spring rates of both so you can figure it pretty close.

Grill guard or full replacement?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I tow a lot with with my truck and run a 3.5" lift but if you want a 4.5" basicly the same deal. I run nice coil springs up front really helps the ride, nice shocks, Most on here will say fox 2.0's. Deaver rear springs will give you the best ride, but will sag like crazy with a trailer hooked, but you can get long travel bags for them to keep the truck level. I run stock rear springs and over load on my truck. I have OUO traction blocks which the traction bar mount is built into the rear block, along with the bump stop tang. I used the bump stop tang to mount some fire stone bags to so the truck doesn't squat. These trucks squat bad even with the factory leaf springs and no bags so pretty much your going to want bags if you tow a decent amount of weight.

DarcyB

Reaction score
Run the Carli or Icon springs with appropriate supporting hardware up front, throw some 5-6" traction blocks from OUO or PMF with accompanying bars and you should be good. That's more than you budgeted, but is likely the best route until you decide the ride is worth a rear spring upgrade with bags.
I've read a few guys can talk to pmf directly or through a vendor and get set up with the icon springs and pmf hardware.

I take it that you have the 2.5 level kit then? How long have you had the kit in and have you notice the springs settle over time?

JRLott

Reaction score
I've got a Ranch Hand Legend on mine. I was wondering about the front end sagging a bit with the weight of a 300lb bumper on the front.

Frontier shows a package weight of 266. RH shows a net of 289 and gross of 308. I'm guessing it is roughly 50 pounds heavier than the Frontier. The rear of my truck is about an inch higher than the front.

JRLott

Reaction score
I've read a few guys can talk to pmf directly or through a vendor and get set up with the icon springs and pmf hardware.

I take it that you have the 2.5 level kit then? How long have you had the kit in and have you notice the springs settle over time?

Yes, 2.5". I put it on this February, so 10 months ago. I haven't noticed any settling, but don't have my original measurements either.

I'm 99% sure PMF uses Icon springs and you can go to their website to gauge prices. I think PMF is NotStock on here and shows up from time to time. I don't know of a site sponsor dealer off the top of my head. You can always add, I think up to four PMF quarter inch spacers to make up quite a bit of sag. That's if you don't need them to correct the Driver side lean. Mine has about an inch of lean.

DarcyB

Reaction score
After the bit of tginking and going back and forth i was really debating between bds and pmf, they both have traction bars in the kit and are in my pricing. I'm leaning towards the pmf kit though out of the two. Reasoning is kit includes the traction bars and those alone with the other kits add another ~$1000 to their kits, and adjustable track bar vs bds who has just brackets. Bds does offer a track bar but with that and extended brake lines added pushes the kit outta my price range. I'd have to get the pmf extended brake lines too but it puts their whole kit around the $2600 mark.

I will get air bags down the road but until that point I won't cringe too badly when the trucks loaded as it would with full spring packs lol.

DarcyB

Reaction score
Sorry had to recalculate, pmf would be ~$2900 with extended brake lines. Still cheaper than the bds and as my understanding, better quality...if I'm incorrect on that let me know 😎

DarcyB

Reaction score
Updating on my choices and pricing:

4.5" Carli Starter System
$2730.00
Added to the kit is just the carrier bearing drop for the axle.

4.5" PMF Alpha Kit
$2990.99
Added to the kit is driveshaft carrier shim and extended brake lines.

4.0" Pure Performance Triple Threat Stage 1
$2654.00
Added to the kit would be the driveshaft carrier shim (bought through PMF). Pure doesn't have any on their site that I found.

4.0" BDS Suspension Lift Kit
$2713.34
Added to the kit is the extended brake lines (still with track bar relocate thanks to the input from ironj on powerstroke nation).

The carli, and pure are dependant upon how the mini packs interact with the overloads. Do you guys know how they attach whether it's a new center pin or clamps or any other method? Thanks.

JRLott

Reaction score
For the extra $17, I'd throw BDS out. I'm 99.9% sure Carli and Icon will ride better and Pure Perf. should be close as well, based on what little I know about them. I also think you'll be better served with either PMF or OUO traction bars. I'm not really a BDS fan since they tried, and may be successful, selling spring loaded traction bars...I also rode in a BDS lifted Chevy half ton. That fvcker rode like a Sherman tank compared to my stock SD, and the Carli springs kick the crap outta factory springs.
I *think* the add packs remove a leaf to increase ride quality. They're a great option from what I've read.
If you aren't in a hurry, peruse the for sale threads here. There are deals that pop up. Just gotta be patient and consistent.

DarcyB

Reaction score
No not in a hurry, just wanting to do my research now so I'm don't get over zealous when I do pull the trigger and end up with something I don't want. A member said that about the bds kit on his dually over at powerstroke nation; rides like a brick unloaded but good under load. The bds traction bars would be interesting to hear feedback from as it's an interesting design.

Would it still be recommended to put traction bars on when the rear is a combo block/leaf mini pack being that the block isn't as tall?

JRLott

Reaction score
Most say these trucks need tractions bars from the factory. If you replace the factory springs with softer springs they'll be at least as, and likely more so, susceptible to spring wrap. Keeping the factory springs and lifting by any means increases the leverage on the main leaf...resulting in greater spring wrap. In both cases bars are highly recommended.

Personally, I wouldn't do anything to the truck that would make it ride worse, loaded or not. You can have your cake and eat it too these days. As in good ride unloaded and load handling capability.

As to the BDS bars...well, simple logic and knowledge of how a bar works would indicate that the spring loaded pile of marketing crap is counterproductive. If they work as well as OUO or PMF bars, then my invisible bars work very nearly as well...and I don't believe that to be true.

Latest posts

Members online