Torque Converter P0741 & P1744

BigPSD

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Truck is in the sig, I was plowing last week and had a few problems with the truck. First off the Batts were low and I had to change them out. Truck shut down on me a few times that night and locked me out for 1 hour due to EGT Sensor3. Replaced that and the erratic temps stopped on the gauge. Lastly, the wrench kept popping up on my dash screen. Finally it gave me a code.

P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Circuit Performance or Stuck Off

P1744 Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Circuit Performance

Things I noticed that night plowing. Shifting from Drive to Reverse I would get a bit of a shudder. It has happened many times before after constant shifts from D to R previous years. As the truck sits now, every time I get up to lock up speed the codes log and she won't lock up the TC.

From what I've read its something electrical or its the Solenoid itself. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
It's either a damaged wire to the torque converter clutch solenoid or a bad solenoid. The only way to know which one is to get a meter and do some diagnostics.

BigPSD

Reaction score
I drove it trying to get it to throw the code again. Took her up to lockup speed and went easy on her. She locked up! I keep unlocking and then getting back on it and locking it back up. No issues, no codes. Now to figure out my EGT sensor prob

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.