Royal Purple

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Hey yous

I used to run Royal Purple in the 06, always thought it was a premium lubricant. Was thinking about making the switch on the next service.

Is anybody here running royal purple in their '7's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Lubrication Engineering is the name of the company. I don't know if he has a website setup yet for himself. But the actual company for the oil does.

Look in the vendor section for him and you can read up on it.

heavydoc

Reaction score
Found it I was looking up the name but searched jimdawg and found jimdawg185. I will have to check them out. My 3 trucks are due for a service pretty soon.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Maybe something can give me a reader's digest version of all the excitement surrounding LE?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Royal purple does not meet the standards required for a stock truck with emissions in tack.

However. I have been running Royal purple for 9 years now. The older stuff. But my trucks have always been emissions free. Oil sampling always came back good.

heavydoc

Reaction score
Maybe something can give me a reader's digest version of all the excitement surrounding LE?

I'm going to do a price comparison sometime in the future. I know I'm at about 130 bucks for a oil change getting stuff local. I have been using castrol 15w40 unless it got below 0 then would use 0w40.

Jomax

Reaction score
Found it I was looking up the name but searched jimdawg and found jimdawg185. I will have to check them out. My 3 trucks are due for a service pretty soon.

Thats his name "jimdawg185"

JRLott

Reaction score

What's the excitement with RP? Name recognition? Marketing? Quality? I'm betting you were like me and the marketing led to name recognition and a presumption of quality. Lubrication Engineers hasn't marketed like RP and some others, but offer high quality products. They say the best. Jim has the ablity to sell any oil he chooses, since he started his own company. He has stayed with LE, and likely will until something better comes along. I've seen one of his oil samples from his 5.0 after more than 22k. No way in hell I could bring myself to do that, but it says something that he trusts it that much. My first 10k sample was better of LE8854 than T6 was at 5k. I'm only on my second oil change with LE and am thinking about taking Jim's advice on going to 15k...if my OCD will let me. If it won't, I'm sure Jim won't have a problem sending me another 5 gallon bucket when I text.

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
What's the excitement with RP? Name recognition? Marketing? Quality? I'm betting you were like me and the marketing led to name recognition and a presumption of quality. Lubrication Engineers hasn't marketed like RP and some others, but offer high quality products. They say the best. Jim has the ablity to sell any oil he chooses, since he started his own company. He has stayed with LE, and likely will until something better comes along. I've seen one of his oil samples from his 5.0 after more than 22k. No way in hell I could bring myself to do that, but it says something that he trusts it that much. My first 10k sample was better of LE8854 than T6 was at 5k. I'm only on my second oil change with LE and am thinking about taking Jim's advice on going to 15k...if my OCD will let me. If it won't, I'm sure Jim won't have a problem sending me another 5 gallon bucket when I text.

Curious what he's going to tell me. I'm at 11k. Went 1k over. Will be changing it next week and send my samples in.

JRLott

Reaction score
Assuming you didn't swap to LE from sand...Swami says it's fine. Dang, you just posted something about swapping to it a while back. My days are either running together really bad, or you drive a lot. Jim told me how many miles he averages a week. I asked him how he had time to work.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Curious what he's going to tell me. I'm at 11k. Went 1k over. Will be changing it next week and send my samples in.

Your WAY overdue and have probably ruined all rods and mains.

What happened to 5k intervals?? LOL

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Assuming you didn't swap to LE from sand...Swami says it's fine. Dang, you just posted something about swapping to it a while back. My days are either running together really bad, or you drive a lot. Jim told me how many miles he averages a week. I asked him how he had time to work.

It only takes about 10 to take a crap or talk BS... so the rest is drive time!!!! LOL.... Oh the life of oil salesmen!!

Jomax

Reaction score

I drive a ton to CA for work. I did just switch lol.

Jomax

Reaction score
Your WAY overdue and have probably ruined all rods and mains.

What happened to 5k intervals?? LOL

LOL, I kept 5k OCI and got tired of changing it often. I change my fuel filters and drain the trans pan every 10k. Figured LE should take me to 10k easy so I'm able to change oil, fuel filters, and trans fluid at the same time. Make life easier/saves time. Which time I never seem to have.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Or Mobil 1 TDT. Which I just sampled @6600 miles and cleared to go to 8k. And that's HEUI abused

Latest posts

Members online