Belt question

04redcrew

Reaction score
So I have 37k on my truck why is my belt starting to squeak already. I can really hear it at idle.im 99% positive it's the belt. But why is it squeaking already lol. Should I be worried and get it replaced? Thanks brad

TLyons90

Reaction score
Cheap insurance so your not stuck on the side of the road somewhere... There was another thread about a week ago with belt life over 100K and still going. There is probably a lot of variables that goes into how long they actually last. Mines starting to squeal and I am at 105K. Plan to replace it soon.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
Cheap insurance so your not stuck on the side of the road somewhere... There was another thread about a week ago with belt life over 100K and still going. There is probably a lot of variables that goes into how long they actually last. Mines starting to squeal and I am at 105K. Plan to replace it soon.
Also plan on replacing the tensioner and idle pulleys,while you are changing the belt.It only makes sense.

Jomax

Reaction score
Shouldn't you still be under warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Could be water pump leaking, causing belt to get coolant on it. May wanna check that.

Latest posts

Members online