Torque Pro app WARNING!!

stillbuildin

Reaction score
Hi all, I bought the elm dongle and torque pro. Plugged it in and connected to the app. Started the truck to get input and accidentally hit the dtc scan menu. It shut the motor off so I disconnected the Bluetooth. Restarted the truck it's suddenly running rough, no power and cel on. No codes on torque app.

Been running like crap for three days now. Borrowed a proper scanner from a buddy and got codes 1271-1278, and 1294, 1296. Never ever did this before connecting to the app. I know those codes point to uvch issues etc, but I just did them both recently and all was good.

I'm thinking it fried my idm.........anyone?:wtf:

Varro

Reaction score
Clear codes. Disconnect the batteries for an hour. Restart, see what happens.

Ackerdiesel

Reaction score
Unless i missed something I've scanned DTCs with engine running multiple times with no issues. Just a wild coincidence imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
Hi all, I bought the elm dongle and torque pro. Plugged it in and connected to the app. Started the truck to get input and accidentally hit the dtc scan menu. It shut the motor off so I disconnected the Bluetooth. Restarted the truck it's suddenly running rough, no power and cel on. No codes on torque app.

Been running like crap for three days now. Borrowed a proper scanner from a buddy and got codes 1271-1278, and 1294, 1296. Never ever did this before connecting to the app. I know those codes point to uvch issues etc, but I just did them both recently and all was good.

I'm thinking it fried my idm.........anyone?:wtf:

Not sure if it's related to your new issues but what year of truck? I know Torque pro with an e99 will shut the truck off every time I check for fault codes. It's a known issue. When I contacted Torque Pro support he recommended a different PCM. He said a small percentage of them would not support some functions that TP called for and would shut the truck down. Also happens when I try and access PID's that my PCM doesn't support. Truck shuts off.

stillbuildin

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, much appreciated!

Sure, I agree that there should be no way the app could cause this but........for the motor to run in a way I've never seen before - right after restarting from the app shutting it down, is hard to ignore. It doesn't shake like when you have one bank harness gone, it just revs lower and rougher, and sets those codes.

I've cleared the codes and disconnected both batteries. Will try again later. I guess if it still runs rough, I'll get in there and wiggle the harnesses etc......

Varro

Reaction score
Oh, and it's an 02 truck
Resetting things by disconnecting the batteries hopefully should fix things. Of course go for a drive after and try to get the codes to come back, if they come back you have legit problems not caused by torque pro, and can go on to diaging a failed computer.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I've scanned and cleared codes on mine several times. The only vehicle it gives me issues on is my GTP and that's only when I clear codes while cruise is set, it kicks it out of cruise.

I'd love to have my TP read oil temp though. It only reads in Celsius and even then it's 0

superpsd

Reaction score
I use Car Gauge Pro to check DTCs on my OBS. Torque app will not read the DTCs. If I hit reset in Torque it will will cut the engine off. Stumble like its going to die. The WTS light flashes and it returns to a normal idle.

Varro

Reaction score
I've scanned and cleared codes on mine several times. The only vehicle it gives me issues on is my GTP and that's only when I clear codes while cruise is set, it kicks it out of cruise.

I'd love to have my TP read oil temp though. It only reads in Celsius and even then it's 0

I wish torque pro would read coolant temp, I have 3 guages on my pillar, turbo, egt, trans temp, should have done 4...

stillbuildin

Reaction score
Ok so I hooked up their batteries again, no start. It's the same because it'll run for a couple seconds very rough and set the cel. Then quit. It's cold but I had it also plugged in for three hours. I guess whatever happened had now become permanent........I'll leave it plugged in overnight see if the extra heat will at least help it start so I can wiggle harness and uvch plugs while running.....

PDT1081

Reaction score

Did you download the extra PIDs from ford-trucks? I had oil temp working, in F, with my 99.5.

Latest posts

Members online