High Idle mod causing limp mode

rsmith0801

Reaction score
Can someone please explain why my truck (6.4) would go into limp mode (wrench symbol) when trying to engage high idle?

I have connected the correct wires, yellow green (PTO) to one of my upfitter switches and I get he wrench everytime I flip the switch with E-brake set. I have even tried other Upfitter switches thinking maybe the amperage had something to do with it but I get the same result. I used the BCPSW input and it produced the same limp mode. I have the truck programmed and contacted the writer of the tune and nothing in the tune should cause the limp mode. I do have a Kenwood DDX9703S App radio that has the Maistro idata link that has 2 wires spliced into the OBD port for info (tire pressure, doors ajar, etc.). I also have the E-brake input grounded on the head unit to play DVD's while in motion. Would any of that have an affect on the High Idle not engaging?

TD-5

Reaction score
Did you use a specific value resistor to achieve a target rpm or did you use a variable potentiometer to allow rpm adjustment. Its possible you are not within the min/max rpm values allowed for SEIC .

Attachments

• Stationary elevated Idle Control.pdf
    512.8 KB · Views: 76

rsmith0801

Reaction score
No, when hooked to PTO if a resistor is not used it defaults to 1200. I did get it working, just have not had time to update. I cleared any codes even though my programmer indicated their were none and it started working. No clue but it works now. Idles up to 1200 off of upfitter #3 switch as #4 is to turn on my rear view camera without being in reverse.

Latest posts

Members online