I've dug a $6000 hole and its getting deeper

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
2016 f350 64k miles

Long story short I thought I had a turbo bearing problem. In fact I did, but I was having 2 totally different issues.

My truck was struggling to build boost. While it was struggling, it also wasn't smoking (while under a load trying to build boost) when it finally would build boost it was on fire! Straight to full boost. Drivablility was terrible.

Kinda like squeezing a fart around a turd.

Fast fwd... I thought the turbo bearing was causing it (getting bound up or something)

So now I have a NL S364 vgt, NL piping kit (hot,cold and intake) new MAP sensor,, and a warren 55% over with tyrant tuning.

When I first start the truck it drives great for about 15 minutes (up to temp more or less) then it starts struggling to build boost again. No smoke while building boost.

The main issue i am seeing on my ezlynk is that my turbo vane position get stuck at 23% and won't move when the truck is acting up. Every single time the truck acts up, its sitting at 23%. This is the exact same issue the last turbo had. This is a brand new turbo.

Now I figured out if I pull over, turn the truck off and back on it drives great again... until it doesnt. ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Other wise, no codes, no hiccups, no weird noises or unhealthy temps... tried different tunes, pulled the ebp sensor and was clean and clear.

Only thing I've really noticed is that it usually locks up at 23% when I'm stopped at a stop light.

Any ideas? I know its alot of reading but any help is appreciated

ghohouston

Reaction score
Not sure if 6.7 turbo's are controlled by pcm or if they have their own controller, but I'd imagine they are pcm controlled. Have you checked ebp sensor readings?

ncollins64

Reaction score
I don’t want to speak for Don but we fought this for a bit. He can correct me if I’m wrong but it ended up being the map sensor. It was so plugged up and once cleaned it runs 100%.

Hold on I think I might’ve jumped the gun. Don did the issue come back?

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
Sorry nate. Didn't want to call or text you on Sunday. Issue is back. Only new info is that it happens when I slow to a stop (stop light/sign etc) and if I shut the truck off and start right back up the truck runs fine.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
We’ve seen this a bunch. Typically it’s a boost or exhaust leak. The truck will go into limp mode basically when it doesn’t see what it wants for boost/maf readings. Many of the tunes I’ve seen don’t use the ebp on the 6.7. Does your truck have a 4 or 5 inch intake? If it’s got the 5in your tunes will need adjusted. Also check the maf and see if it’s dirty, dealt with that plenty too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
I sent an email today so I’m hoping to hear something. It’s odd because it did it before all the parts, then all the parts get installed with correct tuning and now it comes and goes.

brenney6

Reaction score
I’ve been having the same issue. Except I get 3 codes. P1247. P0299 and p132b. The p132b happens when I come to a stop and the vgt do there cycle. Then sticks. Shut the truck off and there fine after that. But driving I throw the other 2 trying to pull grade or passing. I’ve checked everything. Waiting to hear back from tuners. And have a brand new map sensor again on the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online