Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 7.3 Aftermarket

Old 10-11-2018, 09:08 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtclod View Post
Ok here’s a another update. Yes I am running a wastegate. My ICP is bad and either my stock fuel pump is not going to big enough or it’s weak,according to the mechanic. Also I may not have programmed the hydra chip right so it might be running on stock computer. Or something isn’t right with the chip and just needs updated. Also there is a fuel leak off the return side under the truck. He sounds pretty optimistic that it’s a simple fix.
That was going ro be my first suggestion as to taking the line off the wastegate diaphragm and plug it and see what it does. Next step is tighten the gate adjustment rod.

I tried to run my dually with that red line plugged into the wastegate diaphragm and it made it spit and sputter and stumble.

Im not 100% sure but i think it is the pw that goes up with the lack of icp.. i could be backwards or way off cuz it has been since 2010 since i have needed anything that has to do with tuning. Thats when i but the bullet and drove down to beans and had it live tuned on the dyno..

Only issue still is that it is still drawing a lot of juice somewhere.. like a lot.. lol..

live life full throttle
god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass
Old 10-11-2018, 10:22 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

He did say he was not familiar with the hydra chip. Mostly what he’s dealt with is edge products. Which I suppose is ok. They’re probably better than they used to be and I guess that’s what they refer to as generic tunes. I sent him the info for him to call PHP and get whatever info he’s wanting. I’d say he’s going to get a little schooling. Maybe make him better at understanding these 7.3’s. Or at least tuning and whatnot. Far as pw and tuning and all that,I’ll leave it to the experts. I’m done working on these engines. Just basic stuff. It cost me twice as much to do it myself,lol!
Old 10-12-2018, 06:32 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Just a thought here,is it possible if when I cleaned the Silicon off the contacts on the pcm that maybe I took too much off of one or just a couple of contacts? Or maybe it’s close enough that it’s causing issues?
01 F-250 4x4 cc/sb 238/100 inj,adrenaline hpop,reg return fuel system,s&b intake,4” elec conduit straight back exhaust,KC stage 1 turbo,hd built auto tranny,pohp hydra chip custom tunes,still needs alot it’s work in progress.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:49 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtclod View Post
Just a thought here,is it possible if when I cleaned the Silicon off the contacts on the pcm that maybe I took too much off of one or just a couple of contacts? Or maybe it’s close enough that it’s causing issues?

Could be. Swamps will repair for you if you did. Take a picture and Let’s see what it looks like

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...
Old 10-12-2018, 06:51 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDC View Post
Could be. Swamps will repair for you if you did. Take a picture and Let’s see what it looks like

—————signature—————
I’ll see if the mechanic will do that.
01 F-250 4x4 cc/sb 238/100 inj,adrenaline hpop,reg return fuel system,s&b intake,4” elec conduit straight back exhaust,KC stage 1 turbo,hd built auto tranny,pohp hydra chip custom tunes,still needs alot it’s work in progress.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:54 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

He says he’s not having a problem with communication just initial programming. ???? I don’t understand
Old 10-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

He rounds like he don’t know what he’s talking about . Take off the hydra - your truck will run- just not optimum. This will see if hydra is causing the problem.

—————signature—————
Old 10-12-2018, 08:11 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDC View Post
He rounds like he don’t know what he’s talking about . Take off the hydra - your truck will run- just not optimum. This will see if hydra is causing the problem.

—————signature—————
Lol! I should just go get it probably but I’ve got too much to do tomorrow. If by next Friday it’s not at least diagnosed for certain,I’m going to pick it up and take it to full throttle diesel in High Point NC. They’re probably a couple months behind but it’s really my only other choice. Let’s hope he has a handle on it.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:21 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Damn I wonder what he’s going to charge to take the truck back!!’

—————signature—————
Old 10-12-2018, 08:22 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Who knows?