Oil cooler

frankwoodward6

Reaction score
Hey all,
Ive got a 2007 f250, aboit 3 months ago i ******d the truck and installed a new oil cooler.
Well the past month or so i noticed my oil temps gettimg hot. ~230ish. Figured the oil cooler got clogged somehow so pulled it out.
The weird thing is the screen seems to be clogged with particulates from the oil filter.
Has anyone ever come across this before?
Thanks in advance.
a234e6548131004609d9ccb94e11d2b2.jpg
4898eda2bb17e69c7ae0b0abb9f6a494.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
That's not your issue. But what oil filter are you using? Did you change that screen when you changed the cooler?

crash86

Reaction score
There is a bypass for the cooler at 25 psi.. could be bypassing the cooler if the the oil side is clogged

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
Could it be lint from the rag you used when you wiped out the reservoir the first time you replaced the cooler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bismic

Reaction score
Is your oil filter cap OEM also? What brand of oil cooler did you install?

powerlifter405

Reaction score
That's not your issue. But what oil filter are you using? Did you change that screen when you changed the cooler?

Aside from OEM type oil filters, what's your opinion on the aluminum covers made by the sponsor here Little Power Shop or Amsoil etc?

Oem cap and oem cooler
I made the mistake of using a bosch filter once and had issues. Went back to Ford/Fram patented versions and no issues since.

When my filter tore my screen had nearly nothing on it. If I hadn't told the tech (got bosch to cover tear down and possible rebuild) he wouldn't have known.

I would have guessed filter breaking down but if you're saying the filter is in good shape, could it have been a rag or towel accidentally left behind during the replacement? I've heard of guys dropping screws, nuts, etc. down into the valley or into the heads and not even realizing it.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I absolutely don't understand them besides looks.. I've never seen a plastic or cap fail unless someone took a pipe wrench to it.

Don't get me started on the shavings I've seen them drop into the housing when loosening though. Don't know what brand they were but... They were aluminum

powerlifter405

Reaction score
LPS had a sale for all three caps so I had grabbed a set hoping to use the port to add a by-pass. Good to know, maybe I need to rethink it. Thx

Latest posts

Members online