04 6.0 Bad PCM?

msheffield

Reaction score
My truck shut off while sitting in park idling. It shut off as if I turned the ignition off. I got to restart the truck and...nothing. Not a sound, not even a peep. My fuel pump did not energize nor did my injectors buzz. Just nothing. Although, my gauges lit up. My batteries are good, the connection is fine. I checked every fuse and relay for continuity and resistance. Here's the kicker, OBD II has power but will not communicate with my scanner. Not really sure what to try next. I can't find a PCM pin diagram anywhere to attempt to troubleshoot the connectors.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
It is possible. No connection to the scanner is good sign. If you do end up needing one I have a few in stock.

okie

Reaction score
So, bringing this back from the dead since no one ever updates a thread with the solution.

I'm having the same issues with a 04 auto. Done a egr ****** and turbo cleaning and the guy drove it 2 days with around 10 start ups. Shut it off to talk to someone and it was dead after that. The symptoms are...
-Dash works
-Power to the obd plug but no com with my solus ultra
-Fuse 22 was blown
-won't crank
-fuel pump and injectors do nothing when key is turned on
-egr solenoid connector had all the insulation wore off and touching on all 5 wires. Fixed that, still nothing.
-sensor on the master cylinder was the same way. Fixed that and still nothing.

Somehow I was able to pull codes though. I'll list them all and leave it up to you to determine if they're relevant or not.
B1676 bat out of range
C1185 abs power relay output circuit fault
C1096 Hydraulic pump motor open circuit
P1876 transfer case 2wd solenoid circuit fault
P1832 transfer case differential lockup solenoid circuit fault
B1483 brake pedal input circuit fault
B1359 ignition run/accessory circuit fault
B1485 brake pedal input switch short to battery + >>>>fixed
U1058 ??????
U1073 scp data fault for engine coolant
U1059 scp data fault for tran/ax/prndl
U1027 scp data fault for engine rpm
U1262 scp data fault for j1850 bus
B1352 ignition key in circuit fault

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

okie

Reaction score
To update my issue above, it was the pcm. I'm guessing between the egr and the throttle valve short I later found it cooked the pcm.
For anyone else troubleshooting, take your multimeter and check for continuity between the 5v reference and ground on the icp sensor. That's the easiest and quickest place to check. If you do have continuity unplug the engine connector from the pcm. If you lose continuity the pcm is cooked, if you don't lose continuity it's in the engine harness or one of the sensors with the 5v reference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online