Blown intake hose

banksGTA

Reaction score
My plastic intake tube blew off yesterday while my wife was going to work. She limped it to work An I stopped by when I got off to see if I could rig something to get it back home. My question is their was oil in the intake tube/pipe an some on the power steering res where it came out of the pipe. Is this normal? Truck is a 15, no mods, and 51k miles. Thanks

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yeah, thats fairly normal. With the ccv system on these there is a bunch of oil in the intake system.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
need to replace the pipe with something like h&s one. the factory ones are known to leave you stranded. The oil in intake is normal with ccv system feeding back into engine for emissions. it wont really hurt anyhing

they used to sell a metal pipe kit for oem replacement, but I found this one. Don't put another stock one on there. it will pop too
http://nolimitfabrication.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=138_74&product_id=581

joebuck

Reaction score
^^^I run this one but the tuning required version(eliminates the butterfly valve) nice set up, quick 10min max install and piece of mind it won’t blow on you

joebuck

Reaction score
I think so it only has 2 clamp locations vs the metal one has 3 which is just another spot for a potential leak or failure IMO

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Im guessing the silicone one is easier to install too lol.. it took me longer than it should have to intall mine but then it was way easier to do on my cousins. No idea why but i had fitment issues that stuff didnt line up the greatest and my cousins was spot on.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online