low boost, no leaks?

haligen

Reaction score
It's not gated, and I do have a boost fooler, but the level of smoke and the pyro temps I'm getting coincide with a severe lack of boost. Just riding down the road I'm running over 800f and providing free mosquito spraying with a nice cloud of smoke. If I hit the skinny pedal the world turns dark and I'm over 1250 before I can blink.

superpsd

Reaction score
Have you data logged ICP and IPR, and PW? That information will help. But more than a tune issue your smoking all the time and at idle. It's highly likely an injector issue. Also I forgot to mention earlier that your fuel dilution issue may be a Intensifier Oring. That's the only time fuel pressure will be higher than ICP is when the plunger is being forced down. I'm not sure if that's the issue but if you are going into the injectors I would inspect if not just replace all Orings. It's been brought up in the past that the different manufacturing methods for making larger nozzles vary a lot. Without knowing how large those nozzles are add a huge complicated task to tuning remotely. Also it seems some of the nozzles that were used in the past seemed to run dirty. There has been many debates over EH vs EDM nozzles and such. The eye stinging haze at idle raises attention to the injectors or tuning. As your not boosting at idle is suspect injector issues. Might pull the valve covers first and unplug one injector at a time and see if there is a change in haze to see if you can find the problem injector(s)

Last edited:

haligen

Reaction score
I have some data logs from right before headgasket pop and then right before new turbo. Matt took a look at one and said from the numbers it looked like I had an injector issue, but then they all buzzed fine and a contribution test pointed at #5 but the problem didn't follow the injector. ICP and duty cycle seem to be fine. I was around 2800 33% ish on WOT runs. I'm going to order up some orings and nozzles and just go through the injectors. Although I will try disconnecting an injector at a time and see if I can pinpoint it. Thanks for the helping, kind of annoying when things should be working great and aren't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk