Washing/Detailing

C2tuck

Reaction score
Not too worried about the blow feature. Just looking for a really good vac. Thinking about the Hoover GUV

C2tuck

Reaction score
Went with the 6hp one from lowes that jomax recommended. Think it will do fine for what I need. Can't see spending $4-500 on a vac!

Jomax

Reaction score

Nice! I highly recommend this tip. It's all I use to vacuum out an interior, smaller tip equals more suction. I don't use wide tips.

Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing.

2-1/2 in. Spiral Flexible Crevice Tool Accessory for Select RIDGID Wet Dry Vacs

https://thd.co/2jWR6Dd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Izzybird

Reaction score
Harbor China has a coupon for their DA teeth rattler for $49.99 right now, pretty cheap and gets the job done. Most of the time..

Jomax

Reaction score
Harbor China has a coupon for their DA teeth rattler for $49.99 right now, pretty cheap and gets the job done. Most of the time..

Can't stand the noise lol. I use a Rupes polisher.

Izzybird

Reaction score
It's definitely a POS, but at that price you should know what your getting in to. I would suggest wearing a mouthpiece unless you want worn down chipped up Meth teeth. The tingling in your arms and hands should go away in a couple days. Lol

TripleE44

Reaction score
Nice! I highly recommend this tip. It's all I use to vacuum out an interior, smaller tip equals more suction. I don't use wide tips.

Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing.

This thing is badass. I bought a "kit" that it came in, and it's the best part of the whole thing.

C2tuck

Reaction score

I'll grab one next time I'm there..thanks!

Jomax

Reaction score
I'll grab one next time I'm there..thanks!

Also, finely sand/file the end of it make it super smooth, I do this so when vacuuming the leather seats, consoles, etc. you don't risk scuffing or scratching.

Izzybird

Reaction score
I've heard there's a washer mod for those. Makes it work better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

If your talking about the Harbor China one, changing the grease in the head to a better quality helped some. I've only used it once, I'm sure I'll end up buying a nicer unit.

79jasper

Reaction score
Yes.
But someone came up with a washer mod so it moves more, I guess.
I would have to look it up.

Jomax

Reaction score
I've heard there's a washer mod for those. Makes it work better.

There's that mod for the Rupes polisher and Griots polishers. Don't know about the HF one.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Around my area, anyone that has DA type polisher calls himself a detailer. Lately, I call detail guys to do my vehicles as I don't have the time. I've been through three guys already. All of them want to come in and get done. The last guy that did my dually loaded it up with swirls marks and had to come back and redo it. It still had swirl marks. Also, he got wax on the black plastic trim. The last straw was the guy that came to do my girlfriend's Exploder. He talked more than he worked.

I've detailed vehicles but lately I just don't have the time. So I had some time to burn and decided to detail the exterior of my dually. Took me 2 - 6 hour days. I still have to clean the wax off the trim but that's the least of my worries. I have to do my OBS and two cars.

I bought the Rupes LHR21ES Bigfoot polisher. What a differrence over the Porter Cable polisher.

My process:
1. Clay
2. Wash truck again after claying
3. Compound. Orange foam pad with 3M Step 1 (rubbing compound). The foam backing on my microfiber cutting pad disintegraded.
4. Machine polish. Microfiber polish pad with 3M Step 2 (polish)
5. Ultra fine polish. Blue foam pad with 3M Step 3.
6. 2 coats of wax. Red foam pad

20170630_141444_zpsckk3vzvm.jpg

20170630_140742_zpshgeifxr2.jpg

20170630_140754_zpsugnaph0l.jpg

20170630_141039_zpsv2zma0rt.jpg

Speckles is dust
20170630_141223_zpsbxkeb5rw.jpg

20170630_141133_zpsgfaqcifb.jpg

20170630_141725_zps3f7ieurx.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

Latest posts