Coolant Question

doo dah

Reaction score
I searched but couldn't find exactly the answer to my question. My secondary system has a leak and my transmission is getting pretty hot (230+). I know our trucks take special coolant but I can't figure out how to get it. I see VC12 sold by the quart as an additive but can't find coolant by the gallon. Do I buy regular coolant and add the additive or is there a gallon of premix or do I add distilled water and then the additive? I can't find coolant ANYWHERE locally or online. Thanks in advance.

redneck1

Reaction score
This is my 16 owners manual. The orange matches the spec. If you're in BFE, dexcool meets WSS-M97B44-D. But it doesn't list the d2, don't know the difference. Should be close.
ccf6d276bd123d943c0c9d40e23cd08f.jpg
48a72b2a4e9099eb5e105ee99afd7b67.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
You don't have a ford dealer anywhere near you???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doo dah

Reaction score
I do have Ford dealers nearby but was looking through local auto parts and online before going to the dealer. I guess I'll have to go to the dealer then?

Jomax

Reaction score
I do have Ford dealers nearby but was looking through local auto parts and online before going to the dealer. I guess I'll have to go to the dealer then?

Price at ford is actually cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doo dah

Reaction score
I ordered the pre-diluted from amazon with free same day delivery. Thanks for all of your help, confusing to say the least figuring this out. Now to track down the leak.

Latest posts

Members online