Too much boost?

bluedge8

Reaction score
Where are you getting your readings from? I'd be trying a different gauge

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
Both my boost gauge on A-pillar and from scangauge 2. Scan gauge 2 does show it differently though, as it adds in atmospheric pressure. So with truck at idle it shows 14.7, and at full boost it shows 52psi. Which subtracting the 2 shows a little over 37psi. My mechanical gauge shows 35psi, but i believe it has a small leak and doesn't match the scangauge.

Cruising at 65mph, scangauge is telling me its at a constant 3psi, where my mechanical gauge shows 0. And they are always about 3psi different, +/- 1psi.

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm reviving this post. I'm still curious on peoples opinions on this.

Also wondering if anyone has ran the KC38R with stock AB/AD (130cc) injectors. Would it have a bad turbo lag, or does it react like stock even without bigger injectors?

I'm debating on getting the turbo before injectors, leaving me open for bigger injectors later. I'm going to be picking up a new trans pretty soon, (probably first) and I'm leaning towards the dieselsite transmission after e-mailing back and forth with Dan there.

Thanks for your help guys.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I would think your truck would be fine with a kc38r. Bone stock trucks with 38r's run very good, so this comparable, supposedly better turbo, should do the same, but better.

superpsd

Reaction score
KC is also releasing drop in turbos that are comparable to the SXE line of turbos that you may want to consider.

superpsd

Reaction score
It's been talked about on here. It's going to be similar to the SXE series turbos but in a drop in reverse rotation setup.

Latest posts

Members online