Drop pitman arm bad?

ruffneck7.3

Reaction score
I have an 01 f350 I lifted 6" a couple of years ago with used parts, so who knows how many miles were on it before I got the lift.. last summer I did a partial rebuild on my front end, new redhead box, and the bad steering joints I could find... totally new truck! I had got used to the slop so much that I almost drove into the ditch..

Fast forward to this year, and it's back to being sloppy, the movement I saw was at the drag link and pitman arm, so I replaced that joint again, and it's still sloppy right there,
So my question is, would that make the drop pitman arm bad then?

ruffneck7.3

Reaction score
After looking under it again on a lift, the box to pitman arm is moving, like it's loose, but it's not.. pretty sure now it is the pitman..

So knowing this, would there be any benefit to using a pitman that drops lower? So I would have less of an angle on it?

dsberman94

Reaction score
You know it's not loose how? Tested it with a torque wrench? Because torque spec on that is like high 300s -low 400s iirc.

ruffneck7.3

Reaction score
Redhead told me 250 when I bought it and did it.. I didn't use a torque wrench but my fat ass hanging off the end of the wrench is definitely more than 250..

dsberman94

Reaction score
Thought it was more when I did mine. It's probably not a round hole anymore. Seen that before on drop pitman arms.

Jomax

Reaction score
Drop pitman arms are known to start stripping out and getting loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.