electrical issues

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Started having trouble with my interior lights not always going out and the door ajar light staying on when there all closed sometimes. Now twice when I have gotten in truck just as I close the drivers Door all my dash lights will come on really quick then go off.

When they turn off though the go dime not a instint turn off. Any ideas guys? Truck is a 02 with php tunes, exhaust and intake mods. Batteries are fresh.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Sticky door switch?
No gem in an 02, is there?
Short at the fuse panel?

Thanks for help. I adjusted the door but that was over a year ago. I looked at fuse panel and it looked OK as far as I could tell. Not sure what you mean by "No gem in an 02"

My truck was in a wreck 3 years ago and was hit in the passenger side doors but I just started having this problem. Now my drivers side doors don't close tight and I have tried adjusting them but the back drivers still closes like crap and leaks when it rains .

dsberman94

Reaction score
Sticky door switch?
No gem in an 02, is there?
Short at the fuse panel?

Pretty sure there's a gem in everything up to the 6.0.

I'd go with sticky door switch. One of my back doors does it every so often too. Passenger side rear door. Unfortunately it's inside the door so I don't bother with it. So it goes back to normal after a couple potholes and I don't open it too much anyway.

Last edited:

Arisley

Reaction score
Easy fix, where the door latch is, spray inside the door with WD40. Open and close the door 42 times, problem fixed,

co04cobra

Reaction score
Sounds like the VSM is having issues. The right scanner can access the vsm to see what it's doing.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Sounds like the VSM is having issues. The right scanner can access the vsm to see what it's doing.

Is the vsm near the fuse box? Thank everyone for the help. I'm gonna keep messing with it when time permits. I wonder if this could be why I have a slight miss in the engine like a surging when lugging at low rpm? OK looked up and found some info on the vsm, seems that lots of 02 f250 owners are suffering similar problems so I'm gonna look into the vsm and see what's up. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Strokersace

Reaction score
Is the vsm near the fuse box? Thank everyone for the help. I'm gonna keep messing with it when time permits. I wonder if this could be why I have a slight miss in the engine like a surging when lugging at low rpm?
No they're not related: the miss and the vsm. The Vehicle Security Module is just for interior functions. It's up high under the dash, center of firewall. Not meet the fuse box.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
No they're not related: the miss and the vsm. The Vehicle Security Module is just for interior functions. It's up high under the dash, center of firewall. Not meet the fuse box.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OK thanks. I guess I will put it in shop to get the injectors looked at also.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry it's been awhile dealing with health issues. Interior lights are working as should since I sprayed wd40 into the doors something must have been sticking. Thanks again for the help.

Latest posts

Members online