1994 f150 cummins swap

AKHILF

Reaction score
Hey guys i'v had this 1994 2wd f150 for about 6 months. It has an inline 6 in it and its a good motor but just under powered and the only reason I bought the truck was for a project has manual everything now bells and whistles. At first I was thinking a 408 stroker in it. But recently i'v been thinking a cummins would be nice. Still get decent milage and it has potential to make good power. Ill box the frame and put in some 2wd f250 coils in the front. So to the cummins swap, I found a 1997 2500 with 130,000 miles. Its a roll over but everything else is good for 2700. Its 4wd so the trans wont work for the swap. But i'm thinking the motor all the accessories and fuel pump, the wiring harness and the computer will swap over. From what I understand i'll want to use a 7.3 radiator and intercooler, I'll get a fuel cell and mount it behind the axle under the bed and either buy some motor mounts or build a set. What i'm wondering is, whats my best idea for wiring it? Any other idea's of what parts I'll want to keep off the donar truck? What do you all think of the plan, any pointers or better ideas of what I have? I'm trying to keep a low budget but will spend the money where it needs it.

Latest posts

Members online