How to make 600 - 700 RWHP - 6.0L

windrunner408

Reaction score
Any difference with the ficm tune on the 58v? Compared to stock how is spool up, you have stock intake manifold no porting and stock manifolds?

I got the FICM tune when I had stock injectors and a stock turbo and I noticed improved throttle response and slightly more low end power. I never ran the truck with the stock FICM tune and 190/100 injectors. However, I did run it with PHP's Hercules FICM tune and didn't really notice anything more than IDP's mild FICM tune was giving me so I went back to it as the EGTs were way more controllable with it as opposed to the Hercules.

I currently have stock manifolds as well with stock up-pipes.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I flashed my ficm back to stock because my truck smokes way too much with any of the PHP tunes. But I also have 205cc injectors.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Yea I'm pretty much convinced that FICM tuning isnt really needed with larger injectors as they (for the most part) flow more fuel than available air to clean them.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
i will be upping the fuel a bit over the next few months. hoping for 700+ on fuel. i might be talked into some spray too :thumbsup: I'd like to get it on a dyno at an event then take it straight from the sled to the track.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I think if you can get 215cc's worth of fuel into the cylinders in the upper rpm range, you should make 700hp. The S480 flows enough air for it and based on what I have calculated for fuel requirements, that is just over the theoretical size needed to make it so you should be just fine.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
yeah I talked to Jared about that. I want as much fuel as I can get on stock oil...at least for now. we thought 215 would be about what I could support with the stock hpop....as long as it's healthy. i actually just programmed my scangauge a bit ago to read voltage so we'll see.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Are 100% nozzles going to be enough to get all the fuel you need for 700 in there at high rpm? Like Nate said, if you have enough nozzle to dump all that fuel, you should make it. i guess a guy could step up to some 150% fire hose nozzles but I doubt the stock HPOP would like that.

java

Reaction score
I hope your luck is better than mine, im only getting 3.2 volts at WOT with 190s..

Last edited:

java

Reaction score
Mine is 3.2v wot sorry my memory is not so good.. lol
I think it is supposed to be around 4.5v at wot??

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
assuming your PCM isn't telling you some tall tales about your ICP...

you trying to jinx me or something?

stfu.jpg

windrunner408

Reaction score
I don't mean to derail anything here but can some one please tell me where/how to get these crazy art drawings. They kill me.

Latest posts

Members online