sct 9625 extreme questions

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
alright, I have the chance to buy an unlocked sct 9625 extreme for a steal. I have an 08 6.4 but when I bought the truck it had a 4" straight pipe and no tuner. Im not sure if whoever had the truck left a tune loaded on there or got a DPF-R for it or what. but anyway, will this tuner work without any bungs or sensors plugged for the dpf? can i even run another tune with some sort of file on there already? the dealer i bought it from swore up and down no tune was loaded on the truck. shows what they know...haha.

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
the guy also said it has 3 custom tunes on it (not sure who's, but it doesn't matter because I will be getting innovative diesel or gearhead)

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
I just don't want to hit "Yes, i have installed a delete pipe" and have it throw my truck into limp mode because of something.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Sensors just need to be plugged in, don't have to be installed in pipe. You need to have it reflashed to stock by the dealer and then load the tuner.

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
so i couldnt stack the tuners? does sct totally rewrite the stock file for our trucks or just modify it? im pretty sure my exhaust is just pipe and no bungs or anything plugged near it

taterthedog

Reaction score
Sensors just need to be plugged in, don't have to be installed in pipe. You need to have it reflashed to stock by the dealer and then load the tuner.

This. My sensors are tied up to the harness. No bungs. Bungs would be a convienient place to keep the sensors though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WoodBoy

Reaction score
so i couldnt stack the tuners? does sct totally rewrite the stock file for our trucks or just modify it? im pretty sure my exhaust is just pipe and no bungs or anything plugged near it

I was told the sct incorporates things from the stock tune. You may could contact IDP or Gearhead as I am sure they will answer any questions you may have

WoodBoy

Reaction score
you cant stack a programmer.

I've seen several guys run a programmer such as edge juice or etc with the dpf-r. I personally wouldn't do it nor recommend it but it is supposed to be compatible with stacking some tuners. I don't know if it still says that on the website but I do remember it saying that it did not stack well with the edge CTS on the Gearbox Z website. So I thought that maybe it had to be an inline system like the edge juice but a guy not to long ago was running a regular SCT 3015 with the dpf-r so he could delete and had no troubles.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I've seen several guys run a programmer such as edge juice or etc with the dpf-r. I personally wouldn't do it nor recommend it but it is supposed to be compatible with stacking some tuners. I don't know if it still says that on the website but I do remember it saying that it did not stack well with the edge CTS on the Gearbox Z website. So I thought that maybe it had to be an inline system like the edge juice but a guy not to long ago was running a regular SCT 3015 with the dpf-r so he could delete and had no troubles.

right, but the edge isnt a programmer. its a piggy back iirc.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
right, but the edge isnt a programmer. its a piggy back iirc.

Yeah I couldn't think of the right name but yeah that is what I was referring to. I thought it would only be compatible to "stack" with a piggy back tuner but the guy was saying that he tuned with the dpf-r for deletes and then tuned with the sct onroad 3015 for power and had no problems.

So maybe the truck retains enough emissions information when using an on-road SCT that you can run the two together. Obviously it wouldn't be smart nor necessary to run an offroad on top of the dpf-r. I'm no expert though so maybe someone reading this has more info. about how the SCT devices tune.

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
wtf....this tuner is making me so confused. when it plugs in it says livewire 9600. but when i looke up the serial number on their website it says 6.4 9625 extreme device. so im having the guy i might buy it from check under device info and see if it actually says 6.4 or not. called sct and they said it was for a 6.0. but the kid swears its for a 6.4 and sct's website confirms that. very confused...ill probably just get my computer reflashed anyway to get whatever is on there off.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
When he clicks on Dealer/Device info. The heading at the top should say "Extreme 6.4 Livewire"

Franchi

Reaction score
It possibly could have been converted from a 9600 over to a 9625 back when SCT used to do that for a fee.

Best bet is call SCT with the serial number and ask as they will be able to look it up from the serial and see what it currently is.

A 9600 model is for the 6.0.

sootie

Reaction score
Not trying to hi-jack or anything. So a SCT 9625 OR requires sensors even if it has custom tunes. Like Gearhead?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

YES. any sct tuner REGARDLESS OF TUNING on a 6.4 needs to have the sensors plugged into the vehicles harness. it doesn't necessarily need to have them in the exhaust, but that is a good way to keep them clean etc.

Latest posts

Members online