Cummins swap in my 93idi

Brads93 idi

Reaction score
Ok girls I'm planing on buying a running old dodge so I know how the motor feels but I need a list on what to get I want to get a 1st gen or 2 nd gen 12 valve I want to use my trany so I don't have to find one and mod my drive shafts since mine is 4x4 I'm thinking it gona be a pull out and stick in kinda job but I know I need the brakets and I can get my a/c lines done at abc or a local line shop but I need to know what else I need to put down for the swap so I can start saving up for it so if anybody has advise let me know thanks

Brads93 idi

Reaction score
That's what 94-97 ?? I just don't want to swap all that computer bs under the hood cause as of right now I have nothing besides the cruse that electric under the hoods sep for sensors lol

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Ok girls I'm planing on buying a running old dodge so I know how the motor feels but I need a list on what to get I want to get a 1st gen or 2 nd gen 12 valve I want to use my trany so I don't have to find one and mod my drive shafts since mine is 4x4 I'm thinking it gona be a pull out and stick in kinda job but I know I need the brakets and I can get my a/c lines done at abc or a local line shop but I need to know what else I need to put down for the swap so I can start saving up for it so if anybody has advise let me know thanks

Assuming your putting the 12v in straight out of a dodge, and stock you won't need much. Reuse all the sensors in the engine that's in the ford, in the 12v so all your factory gauges will work. You'll need engine mounts, coolant hoses, and intercooler plumbing if you go with a 2nd gen. dodge 12v. In my opinion I'd just run the dodge trans., even if you get an adapter plate and use your ford trans. your still going to have to modify your driveshafts. Save yourself the cost of an adapter plate. You can do it for the cost of the dodge 12v, engine mounts, plumbing, and other misc. crap.

That's what 94-97 ?? I just don't want to swap all that computer bs under the hood cause as of right now I have nothing besides the cruse that electric under the hoods sep for sensors lol

The second gen. 12v's have just as much electronics under the hood as the first gen. 12v's.

Brads93 idi

Reaction score
Ok thanks...... Ok if I use the dodge 5 or 6 speed do I need to find a transfer case or use the one I got in the truck now

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
If I can't find a 4x4 cummins For a good price

You'll have to weigh your options, if you get a 2wd dodge it might be cheaper to use your trans and buy an adapter plate vs. finding a 4wd nv4500. And I'm not sure which transfer case you have, but I'm pretty sure the 271 and 273 tcase's will work with a dodge trans if you swap the input shaft.

Brads93 idi

Reaction score
Ok I'm stuck on something I'm about to get a clutch for my stock motor I'm just wondering if I can use the same one the dodge motor

Latest posts

Members online