Sct x4 help needed code 110ad

Lugger007

Reaction score
Trying to tune the truck, using x4. Received general error code, 110ad "additional update required. Please run auto update".

Ran auto update via wifi on device, updated latest firmware and tune, then the final screen "update error, unable to check for available update".

Any advice is greatly appreciated, have the exhaust loosened but still fully attached.

Can anyone advise or point me in a direction, sct is closed for the weekend. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Trying to tune the truck, using x4. Received general error code, 110ad "additional update required. Please run auto update".

Ran auto update via wifi on device, updated latest firmware and tune, then the final screen "update error, unable to check for available update".

Any advice is greatly appreciated, have the exhaust loosened but still fully attached.

Can anyone advise or point me in a direction, sct is closed for the weekend. Thanks

I'm currently waiting on my X4 to get repaired, seems like they've been running into issues like this lately. My advice is button up your truck and wait until Monday, then have them check it out through teamviewer.

Lugger007

Reaction score
I'm currently waiting on my X4 to get repaired, seems like they've been running into issues like this lately. My advice is button up your truck and wait until Monday, then have them check it out through teamviewer.

Ugh. Thanks. That's not what I was hoping to hear. Guess it's time for a beer.

Notneb

Reaction score
Ugh. Thanks. That's not what I was hoping to hear. Guess it's time for a beer.

I mean maybe someone will chime in, but I know I spent 3 hours on teamviewer and the phone with SCT techs and the end result was: Send it in to get repaired. I was super pissed to since I'm supposed to be doing another comparison between tunes this coming week...

redneck1

Reaction score
That's not cool, never seems to be a fast enough turn around sending it in
Did you try running the update via USB instead of wifi? I've only heard problems at the WiFi on the x4.

Beyond the edge of reason

Lugger007

Reaction score
I did try updating over usb several times. For whatever reason, the software didn't recognize the unit.
I downloaded the updates for my laptop, reinstall sct software and still didn't work. That when I decided to use the wifi on tuner.
I've heard great reviews about this product, but so far I'm not happy with it. Hope this is fixed easily on Monday once I call sct.

redneck1

Reaction score
I had that problem with mine on usb, ended up being I had the wrong drivers from sct. Downloaded the right drivers for my pc and it's worked fine after that.

Lugger007

Reaction score
I had that problem with mine on usb, ended up being I had the wrong drivers from sct. Downloaded the right drivers for my pc and it's worked fine after that.

That could very well be my issue too. But I downloaded and tried each of the options for x4 they had listed and none worked. Hopefully when I call tomorrow they can talk me through it easily.

redneck1

Reaction score
Yeah, mine was a weird deal. Ended up using drivers for the livewire IIRC. Hopefully, sct can help without it going back.

Lugger007

Reaction score
Called sct, using team viewer they remoted into my laptop. The x4 wasn't talking properly to my laptop. They manually installed drivers and the x4 then updated no issue.
Wasn't bad after all. Now need to find time to do the exhaust and programmer again.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Called sct, using team viewer they remoted into my laptop. The x4 wasn't talking properly to my laptop. They manually installed drivers and the x4 then updated no issue.
Wasn't bad after all. Now need to find time to do the exhaust and programmer again.

Glad to see you got it figured out. SCT support is normally very helpful. There have only been a few instances where I have seen that they could have done better.

They really need to get the Windows 10 stuff figured out. Before Windows 10, I rarely ever saw any issues or had problems. A lot of people have had issues getting the software to work on Windows 10 without a call to SCT though.

Notneb

Reaction score
Glad to see you got it figured out. SCT support is normally very helpful. There have only been a few instances where I have seen that they could have done better.

They really need to get the Windows 10 stuff figured out. Before Windows 10, I rarely ever saw any issues or had problems. A lot of people have had issues getting the software to work on Windows 10 without a call to SCT though.

Windows 10 is hot garbage, it's user friendliness is approaching Mac status. It's the OS, not the tuner. I build computers a lot and trust me, Windows 10 doesn't like to work with anything. The amount of time I had to put into getting older programs/software to work on a Win10 system alone made it the most PITA OS to date. I had less issues with Vista, and we all know what a hot steamer that OS was.

sootie

Reaction score
no one in our corporate group is allowed to download Win 10 lol. The IT support company disabled the update on every pc.

Lugger007

Reaction score
I had installed Windows 10 only a few days before I tried to do the tunner also.
Pretty sure after talking with sct, Windows 10 was the reason I had the issue I did

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
What funny is I had a "backwards" experience, my windows 8.1 machines never installed the SCT drivers automatically, I always had to do it the manual way.

I upgraded them all to W10 and once I connected the X4 to all of them W10 automatically recognized the device and installed the driver for them.

LOL weird.

Lugger007

Reaction score
What funny is I had a "backwards" experience, my windows 8.1 machines never installed the SCT drivers automatically, I always had to do it the manual way.

I upgraded them all to W10 and once I connected the X4 to all of them W10 automatically recognized the device and installed the driver for them.

LOL weird.

Wow odd but glad it worked. It's crazy how a device can work so well on one operating system version, but upgrade the os and everything goes Willie wonka.

At least Sct has good tech support and aren't annoyed about fixing this common issue, yet.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Windows 10 is hot garbage, it's user friendliness is approaching Mac status. It's the OS, not the tuner. I build computers a lot and trust me, Windows 10 doesn't like to work with anything. The amount of time I had to put into getting older programs/software to work on a Win10 system alone made it the most PITA OS to date. I had less issues with Vista, and we all know what a hot steamer that OS was.

I agree here. I have liked the functionality of Windows 10 for the most part (much better than 8 anyway), but when it comes to software and drivers, it can be a royal pain.

Unfortunately, the masses of Windows users have already updated to 10, so SCT will have to put in overtime to figure it out. I can only imagine how many calls they get, and how often they are using TeamViewer.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
windows 8 and 10 both require manually installing the drivers. we remote in for any customers with issues and do it for you . windows 8 and 10 both suck .

Latest posts

Members online