Excellent Diesel Shops in Central or Eastern Virginia

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Looking for a quality service and not to bad of pricing. I know of Commonwealth Diesel, Twisted Diesel and Back Bay Diesel but have never had experience with them. This is for work on a 6.4 Thanks

obspsd

Reaction score
Twisted for sure. I've had a lot of good experience with them, great group of guys. I don't have any experience with commonwealth but as for back bay..... I'd stay away from them. Just my $.02

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Yeah WV is a little to far, but thanks. Yeah i've heard mixed reviews on twisted, but commonwealth had some good feedback. I'll take your advice on back bay but bad experience?

obspsd

Reaction score
A close friend bought 8 injectors from back bay and turns out only 2 were good. When he called back bays response was basically, sorry about your luck. My buddy was stuck having to buy 6 more injectors.

obspsd

Reaction score
Also heard of people ordering parts and never receiving them but that's hear say so take it for what its worth

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Thanks bud, i'll take your word on so I don't have a bad experience. I'm in need of a new actuator and a turbo cleaning, may do egr delete as well

Nic

Reaction score
dozers? or is he too far into NC..And i remember back when i was in the navy and took my 96 green ECLB rust bucket into twisted diesel when they were just getting started in VA beach off of birdneck rd i believe..they put the exhaust on it and informed me that the truck was about to fall apart LOL...and then when they moved over to chesapeake area and were building the maroon singlecab, they put the exhaust on my current truck (avatar) and replaced the ficm...they do good work, reasonable and straight forward..and thats one bad maroon 7.3!!! :thumbup:

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
I think if you want to go fast in a 6.4 the general concesous is Maryland performance diesel. Probally about 3.5 hours from you

All just my opinion.

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Yeah well thanks guys. I wasn't really going for speed, just need a problem solved. Most of the places I called haven't really repaired any 6.4s. I'm thinking of riding to rudys

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Ah I have code p2263 and p2563. At idle and once in operation the motor will rumble and the exhaust gets deep then you hear the woosh. I was told it could be the turbos, or the actuator

04stroker

Reaction score
Ah I have code p2263 and p2563. At idle and once in operation the motor will rumble and the exhaust gets deep then you hear the woosh. I was told it could be the turbos, or the actuator

Could be several things.... I just had this problem with one recently and your ebp sensor tube could be dirty or a faulty ebp sensor as well that was a problem eric (powerstrokin15) had on his truck. Do you have anything to watch pid data on?

woodduck97

Reaction score
If you need some help or how close you are to southern MD my buddy works at ford and works on 6.0 and 6.4's on the side and If you want to get in contact with him give me a call.

Latest posts

Members online