GT4094R water cooling

a_moore

Reaction score
Does anyone have this setup? If so how did you tie in to cooling system for the chra?

I have searched up nothing on a 6.4 w/ 4094R

Thanks.

Roccafellas

Reaction score
I would personally try and tap into the fuel cooler lines, I don’t know the pressure needed but assuming the auxiliary pump is capable you’d have MUCH cooler coolant if using the auxiliary to fuel cooler coolant, if you still have your fuel cooler, if not then use the auxiliary pump itself as a stand alone for the turbo, and custom make your own reservoir. What kind of setup you running with that turbo? And what’s the AR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
IMO. No way the fuel cooler pump has the capacity to do both duties. IF it were to cause the pump to fail it would cause issues on many levels at that point.

Roccafellas

Reaction score
IMO. No way the fuel cooler pump has the capacity to do both duties. IF it were to cause the pump to fail it would cause issues on many levels at that point.

That’s why I’m wondering what rate of flow it needs? IE psi.. if little to none and just a standard flow 2-5psi then I’m sure it would be fine.. OR. Get a second auxiliary pump, and literally make it’s own coolant lines and get a reservoir, not hard. I just don’t understand using hot coolant to cool a turbo, obviously many don’t even have a coolant provision, but wondering if it actually helps? Or makes it hotter.

Come to think of it I think that aux pump only kicks on when the fuel temp reaches 140* or something like that, so it might not even work, you’d have no coolant flow until fuel reached temp..

But if he just gets another aux coolant pump (I have a few for sale) and puts it to power with a switch he can turn the system on whenever he wants.

DieselJpower

Reaction score
The gt45 on my 6.7 has been beat on daily for about 13k miles now with the water ports completely unused. Turbo builder told me he never hooks into them...

a_moore

Reaction score
That’s why I’m wondering what rate of flow it needs? IE psi.. if little to none and just a standard flow 2-5psi then I’m sure it would be fine.. OR. Get a second auxiliary pump, and literally make it’s own coolant lines and get a reservoir, not hard. I just don’t understand using hot coolant to cool a turbo, obviously many don’t even have a coolant provision, but wondering if it actually helps? Or makes it hotter.

Come to think of it I think that aux pump only kicks on when the fuel temp reaches 140* or something like that, so it might not even work, you’d have no coolant flow until fuel reached temp..

But if he just gets another aux coolant pump (I have a few for sale) and puts it to power with a switch he can turn the system on whenever he wants.

The gt45 on my 6.7 has been beat on daily for about 13k miles now with the water ports completely unused. Turbo builder told me he never hooks into them...

I have never run a true ball bearing turbo, so this is new ground.

a_moore

Reaction score
I would personally try and tap into the fuel cooler lines, I don’t know the pressure needed but assuming the auxiliary pump is capable you’d have MUCH cooler coolant if using the auxiliary to fuel cooler coolant, if you still have your fuel cooler, if not then use the auxiliary pump itself as a stand alone for the turbo, and custom make your own reservoir. What kind of setup you running with that turbo? And what’s the AR

S364.5sxe with .84. Drive pressures are 1:1 but laggy. Towing sucks.

Stayed with .84 divided on the 4094. 6-speed manual...

a_moore

Reaction score
I will go with the heater core lines.

You don't think the chra may add excessive heat to the heater core and cooling circuit in general? I doubt it, but who knows.

A stand alone is an option, but there was barely room for the snow II kit under there, so I don't want to shoe-horn any more chit underhood.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
When I ******d my fuel cooler I used the pump and radiator to cool two turbos and it worked fine. This last go around I just tied into the heater core supply line and returned back to the degas bottle thru the unused egr port. Using the heater core lines is much more simple and you no longer have to keep the fuel cooler reservoir.

Roccafellas

Reaction score
When I ******d my fuel cooler I used the pump and radiator to cool two turbos and it worked fine. This last go around I just tied into the heater core supply line and returned back to the degas bottle thru the unused egr port. Using the heater core lines is much more simple and you no longer have to keep the fuel cooler reservoir.

Yeah that’s what I was saying was to use the pump and rad.. the pump was sufficient enough right? Just thinking how warm the engine coolant is vs the fuel cooler coolant that literally is cool all the time. Just my 0.02

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Yeah that’s what I was saying was to use the pump and rad.. the pump was sufficient enough right? Just thinking how warm the engine coolant is vs the fuel cooler coolant that literally is cool all the time. Just my 0.02

It probably maintained 180° or better while the truck was running. No different than the engine coolant.

Roccafellas

Reaction score
It probably maintained 180° or better while the truck was running. No different than the engine coolant.

So the turbo made that much heat? I’m wondering because i’m a virgin to coolant fed turbos, so the engine temp makes about 180* when warm
The coolant fed turbo with only the coolant flowing from the aux pump to the front mounted fuel cooler rad back to the turbo makes the same heat? Wild..

Roccafellas

Reaction score
dec416aa7c578a9c397928beb9c9627d.jpg

On a presentation for work about Turbos..and noted they actually use auxiliary pumps. Guess it’s more common than we think lol.

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Unbelievable difference. 5x better performance than what I had. Sounds badass too. Very pleased with it.

Can you make a vid if possible? Just for the sound check interested especially if you could do a slight pull would be nice to see how clean the tune is. And the pull, you can tell between stock and modded over a vid surprisingly lol

Only if you can don’t get in trouble.

a_moore

Reaction score

a_moore

Reaction score
Tune was can H&S hot damn "stock" setting. Only modification to tune is VGT ******d.

This would have resulted in lots of smoke between every gear with old setup. Now basically clean.

Hotter tunes light harder and faster but the clutch is on last leg. Will be replacing with bigger setup.

It will surge like a mofo if you let out under load...first time I ran it hard clutch slipped and I let off. Reminded of a stock 7.3 turbo surging.

The low load sound is so much different and I enjoy it. Will try to get a clip of that sound you hear more often.

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Tune was can H&S hot damn "stock" setting. Only modification to tune is VGT ******d.

This would have resulted in lots of smoke between every gear with old setup. Now basically clean.

Hotter tunes light harder and faster but the clutch is on last leg. Will be replacing with bigger setup.

It will surge like a mofo if you let out under load...first time I ran it hard clutch slipped and I let off. Reminded of a stock 7.3 turbo surging.

The low load sound is so much different and I enjoy it. Will try to get a clip of that sound you hear more often.

God does that ever sound amazing man oh man if city driving and my laziness and the drag strip wasn’t an issue I would so go for manual transmission. Jesus I love that. Good job man. That whistle is crazy! And what was that gauge you were showing boost?

a_moore

Reaction score
God does that ever sound amazing man oh man if city driving and my laziness and the drag strip wasn’t an issue I would so go for manual transmission. Jesus I love that. Good job man. That whistle is crazy! And what was that gauge you were showing boost?

The Snow II controller

Latest posts

Members online