• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

HO alternator

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Selling a Mike Singer HO alternater from my 7.3:

Mike Singer HD unit
High Output Large case 6G alternator 275 peak / 190 idle.
-Has a 6-phase hairpin stator
-High pole count rotor
-HD HUGE twin rectifiers -
-High 14.4V set point / 14.7.v - 14.9v recorded at idle as of 12-2-2017.
Lifetime labor warranty
Was built for my 7.3, w/ a stock belt but a shorter belt will be required for a 6.0 to prevent slippage. Should fit other Ford, 6G mustang and van applications and 6.4 applications. Internals may be interchangeable w/ 6.7 cases.

Paid $489

Make reasonable offer, selling some tires and other misc odd-n-ends locally as well.

Last edited:

powerlifter405

Reaction score
pics

Attachments

• 1204172310.jpg
    1204172310.jpg
    790.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 1204172310a#1.jpg
    1204172310a#1.jpg
    889.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 1204172311.jpg
    1204172311.jpg
    669.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 1204172313a#1.jpg
    1204172313a#1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
  • 1204172310b.jpg
    1204172310b.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 125

sootie

Reaction score
lincolnlocker needs this for his seven three i bet...

powerlifter405

Reaction score
@lincolnlocker needs this for his seven three i bet...

Spread the word :clapping:

I wanna PP and if it doesn't put out 14v, etc., minus shipping cost, someone can send it back w/in a few days and I'll get them their money back. Definitely don't want to wait weeks. The alt can be swapped out in about 3-5 min. Undo battery cables, take belt off, brappp the bolts out and unplug and viola.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Why are getting rid of it?

It was designed around the 7.3 and on my 99 it was perfect.

On my 6.0 I experience some belt slip. I have no desire to try and juryrig shims or try to find a shorter belt. I have found some belts that are a few mm shorter on amazon but they are pricey and nothing can be found local. I live in bumscrew nowhere NE and I can't risk a belt needing replacement and be out a vehicle in a time of need.

That is all. If I had a 7.3, this thread would not exist. Singer has been good and when I emailed about the 6.4, he replied back in just under 48 hours.

Do you have to run upgraded cables for this?

Not necessary. From what I can figure even on a factory setup, having the Alt feed both batteries is optimal. On the 6.0 the drivers fed 1st then the pass. I have read post about one dying before the other and I can see how this is the case. The pass is always behind the curve but the drivers has a constant drain.

Either way, less than optimal. I'm using a factory alt on the 6.0 and I have separate charging cables for each battery.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Singer sold this to me $485, the regulator was acting funny last year so that was upgraded to a newer style regulator. While he was in there he upgraded the rectifier to a newer HD style as well. The upgraded regulator and rectifier was $80 IIRC.

I'm asking $350 on the nation and org. Someone offered 275 but thats too much of a loss on a very well made product w/ excellent after sales CS FWIW, Mike Singer exchanged 32 emails w/ me before I ordered and like I mentioned he replied to me last month when I asked him about a 6.4 setup.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Do you know if this with work on a e series 03 7.3?

It's a large case 6G now so I can only say that it will fit that mounting style, whereas the original was a small case 6G.

It was setup w/ the internal voltage regulator on the 7.3 so unless there is something unique to the E-series I don't know why it wouldn't work.

I did some googling and it seems Ford used the small 6G on the trucks and used the large case. The mounting tabs appear identical but if you look at pics of the two the E-series appears to be the large case.

Considering the 7.3 uses the voltage reg inside the alternator on the trucks, unless the PCM is set up different I can't see any viable difference besides the OEM case size.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It's a large case 6G now so I can only say that it will fit that mounting style, whereas the original was a small case 6G.

It was setup w/ the internal voltage regulator on the 7.3 so unless there is something unique to the E-series I don't know why it wouldn't work.

I did some googling and it seems Ford used the small 6G on the trucks and used the large case. The mounting tabs appear identical but if you look at pics of the two the E-series appears to be the large case.

Considering the 7.3 uses the voltage reg inside the alternator on the trucks, unless the PCM is set up different I can't see any viable difference besides the OEM case size.
They are a direct swap. E series/ambulance use large case and most guys just upgrade their trucks to the large case from the smsll case. Same bolt pattern..

live life full throttle

DieselDC

Reaction score
Well if 275 is too much of a loss why let’s settle for 300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online