Looking at 2017 F250 Platinum Lemon

zeeman

Reaction score
Truck was built 9/23/16 White platinum with 6.7 and has a hair over 14k on the odometer. The dealer here in Ga tells me it was originally a California truck bought back by the manufacturer and “had some sensors changed”

They’re offering me decent trade in for my 14 Lariat and the price on there truck is $62k. Are there any serious know defects with the 17 super duties?

Am I crazy for even looking at this truck? Is there anyway to find out what was wrong with it that caused the buy back? What should I look for and ask for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old96stroker

Reaction score
I don't know about how Georgia titles something like that but I had a similar situation to this last fall, quite similar actually. The truck is was looking at was almost the same scenario, the dealership claimed the title was clean but "branded" in a way.
The truck is was looking at was also a 17 Cclb xlt 4x4 powerstroke with around 5000 miles on it but they were asking like 45k for it and it was very nice and clean.
That being said the title issue would follow the truck much like salvage so I walked away from it.
I don't think that the dollar amount they are asking for the truck you are looking at is good at all, but it is a lot more loaded than my scenario but I don't value a truck that loaded.

Jgon08

Reaction score
Truck was built 9/23/16 White platinum with 6.7 and has a hair over 14k on the odometer. The dealer here in Ga tells me it was originally a California truck bought back by the manufacturer and “had some sensors changed”

They’re offering me decent trade in for my 14 Lariat and the price on there truck is $62k. Are there any serious know defects with the 17 super duties?

Am I crazy for even looking at this truck? Is there anyway to find out what was wrong with it that caused the buy back? What should I look for and ask for?

IMO i think that is really high for a lemon buy back. A few more thousand and you can get a brand new one full warranty and zero miles.

zeeman

Reaction score
IMO i think that is really high for a lemon buy back. A few more thousand and you can get a brand new one full warranty and zero miles.

Yeah 5 grand more for a brand new platinum. Wish kbb had a value for branded titles. Low trade in in around 51k

RiverRat77

Reaction score
Crazy price for a used Plati. Especially with the unknown. I would walk

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

zeeman

Reaction score
d36a5ed80e4cac35d8c6b0a92e0335af.jpg

5d16862bfe4d504794777691af43a265.jpg
907f73943db0666de6574aebf7460327.jpg

Here’s what the dealer gave me paperwork wise. Dealer transfer from Maryland to Texas. Lotta oil gaskets, pulled tranny for gaskets, couple dead batteries....

Not sure what the rest of it is

zeeman

Reaction score
Apparently TSB16U32 was a test ran on motors built within a certain date range. Test consisted of timing how long it took the gauge to not read low pressure. If the gauge took more than 3.5 seconds it was an automatic fail. Fix was to replace the oil pump, that’s the reason for all the gaskets and what not.

The motor has a 5 year 100k warranty. I was more worried about the small stuff like what caused dead batteries and what not...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Cold states?

Last winter local dealer was changing them out left and right

Danny26

Reaction score
I'll sell you my black 2017 F350 Platinum Ultimate, loaded every option and same miles for 63k. Definitely don't buy that one...

Rossterman

Reaction score
Several trucks with the oil pump issue suffered complete engine failure from spun rod bearings. If this was run for awhile it could have caused some bearing damage but not yet completely failed resulting in shortened engine life. At that price and with it being a buyback, a defective oil pump, etc I’d run instead of walk away..

Latest posts

Members online