Running off road fuel in 6.4

Zmann

Reaction score
well you didn't mention the filtration the first go round

I don't pay for My fuel either so Why would you jeopardize your truck using waste oil ?
or is it a company truck ?

also I can't see a 6.7 scorpion with all the crazy exhaust and sensors etc even running on a good bio fuel

????

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
I would think if this works decent that one way or another it will still gum up your fuel system.

Cknox121

Reaction score
well you didn't mention the filtration the first go round

I don't pay for My fuel either so Why would you jeopardize your truck using waste oil ?
or is it a company truck ?

also I can't see a 6.7 scorpion with all the crazy exhaust and sensors etc even running on a good bio fuel

????

He says he gets 2-3 more mpg per tank if he runs it, and it doesn't do the regen mode near as often.

I'm ready to see how much I get out of this tank. It's just oil, has a higher octane the diesel fuel and supposedly burns a lot cleaner. The tank we store it in is 300 gallons and when its full you can see the bottom if the tank. its clear looking stuff. Should be better then burning waste motor oil or cooking oil imo.

No it's my personal truck. He said run it, told him if it screwed up he pay half the bill :)

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

vcassens

Reaction score
A buddy of mine runs red off road fuel in his truck and has had his tank dipped by DOT a couple of times and has never got a fine. Its amazing what a half quart of used motor oil can dye LOL

Cknox121

Reaction score
A buddy of mine runs red off road fuel in his truck and has had his tank dipped by DOT a couple of times and has never got a fine. Its amazing what a half quart of used motor oil can dye LOL

Lol.

This stuff is yellowish like diesel.

Smells like mineral oil out the tail pipe too. Don't stink as much as the diesel smoke.

Fuel mileage is debatable. I changed some setting on the tuner and running the oil, getting 19.6 on the highway.

skobiak

Reaction score
I say try it and post results. There has to be a first time for everything. Money saved on fuel can be spent on mods :evil

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Before I say anything this is an 6.0, me and my buddy,he has the 5. whatever Cummins and I have my truck we Both run 60/40 farm diesel fuel-used oil that runs through Bluegrass filtration catalyst system.

I have not had any issues with my completely stock fuel system but his air dog has gone through three sets of filters. something to do with the filter media swelling up And according to Bluegrass themselves,they say that wix filters don't swell but I don't think anything should swell differently running this mix through it. We just got a hold of some transmission fluid and will be using that as the used oil in the next batch and might be able to run a 50-50 mix.

The original question was off-road fuel would you use it? and my answer is it is the exact same fuel is on road except it has a little bit of Dye in it. I don't see how it would be bad for anything

Chris.v

Reaction score
I think your crazy. Especially In a 6.4. You may save a couple bucks a tank but those 6.4's are picky sobs and have proven to be some of the most expensive trucks to fix ever lol.

Just be careful.

Chris

Cknox121

Reaction score
I think your crazy. Especially In a 6.4. You may save a couple bucks a tank but those 6.4's are picky sobs and have proven to be some of the most expensive trucks to fix ever lol.

Just be careful.

Chris

You are correct from what I have heard about repair bills. Not cheap at all. I believe it's because you have to remove 50 things to get to one.

Boss swears by it so whatever. Just gunna try it and see how it works out. It does seem to have a little more pep, which means the skinny pedal is mashed more and the mpg's are screwed;)

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score

Just be careful.

Chris

I'm with you 110%

Every one I have seen that looses a fuel system looses motor too.

So 12k for a new motor and free fuel

Or keep my motor happy and buy regular diesel?

Ill stick to buying regular diesel and keeping my motor when it comes the these picky 6.4s