How did you build your traction bars

thumbo88

Reaction score
I'm looking to build my own traction bars looking for ideas and inspiration if you can post pics I have a whole welding shop at my disposal and a parts list would be sweet too thanks

thumbo88

Reaction score
No reason to be a d bag brah just don't have the free time to look thu 4000 pages I mean I have 2 jobs to work I can't sit at home draw an Obama check and stay at moms house all day and be a keyboard warrior

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
No reason to be a d bag brah just don't have the free time to look thu 4000 pages I mean I have 2 jobs to work I can't sit at home draw an Obama check and stay at moms house all day and be a keyboard warrior
Good luck being taken seriously after that response...

johnp115

Reaction score

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Hedley.gif

thumbo88

Reaction score
Wow can't get a simple response with out a bunch of smart ass pricks go roll some ****ing coal or something

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
You know I heard that the best bars are actually built out of thin wall aluminum tubing....

Sent while doing burnouts somewhere in the country

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
To the OP, take that rubber fist out of your mud whistle and use duct tape to affix to the frame and rear axle.
Passenger side works best as it is better able to counter the ring gear climbing the pinion. Make sure to avoid the exhaust as any heat will damage the latex, and we all know you plan on removing your traction bar down the road for future enjoyment.

Last edited:

THETANK01

Reaction score
I just welded some galvanized tubing from the frame to the axle back to my trailer hitch. Kinda shaped like this \/ not only did it improve axle wrap but I had huge gains in the amount of weight I can tow. Did the same thing on my 92 hard body. Now I can tow my 30ft donzi with my hard body. And I can also move my single wide where ever I please with my ferd fteenthousand

johnp115

Reaction score
I just installed a set on mine, new style, definitely going to take it to the market....

I took 20 ft of chain and hooked it to my tow hitch, fed it to my axle, wrapped it around the axle on the driverside, then fed it to the passenger side, wrapped it around the axle there, and then connected back to the tow hitch and also had 1.5 ft of chain left that i could hang and let drag the ground like everyone does! functional and in style

Inline6359

Reaction score
I cross mine as it also makes a convenient place to add a drive shaft loop. Im sure "tanto" will be the envy of both places of employment.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.