Engine temp

c3ncal559

Reaction score
Hey there , I have a 05 6.0 , 174,000 miles has the 6.0 update done to it, the other day I was heading up hunting the first big grade I hit , just loaded down with camping equipment , for 4 guys and full tank of fuel, I started up the grade and about 3/4 of the way up I notice my temperature climb about 3/4 of the way on the gauge and usually driving around town and freeway it's about little under the middle, I did have the ac full blast ( outside temp was 100 degree) the fans kicked on and the temp just stood there, after the climb and it leveled out the temp kicked down pretty quick , is that normal? I'm getting a scangauge soon , I also done a coolant flush I say about 100 miles or so if that prior , the rest of the drive had climbs but not to bad and the temp never did budge after that. I did also had to add about half a gallon of coolant when we got to our camping spot, from the grade to the camping spot was about an hour of mountain driving . Possible air pocket?

Thanks sorry if I'm so scramble about my information

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
If you're seeing the dash gauge climb, then you're running pretty hot then... When you see movement on that gauge, Imthe temp rise is going to be pretty dramatic. You don't have an edge CTS or the like, do you?

c3ncal559

Reaction score
If you're seeing the dash gauge climb, then you're running pretty hot then... When you see movement on that gauge, Imthe temp rise is going to be pretty dramatic. You don't have an edge CTS or the like, do you?

Sorry I thought I mention it , yes I have a sct xcaliber 2 and had it on street tune. So that probably didn't help, my transmission temp was fine just the coolant temp rose

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
100 degree temps outside temps are hot ecspecially with ac on...when you say 'updates' does that mean studs? Adding coolant could mean a headgasket weak and burning some coolant.

c3ncal559

Reaction score
Head gasket, studs, oil cooler, egr, injectors, ficm board, ipr sensor, turbo all this was done like 200 miles before I got it, i think I got figured the center of the radiator waS all covered with dirt n debris and my transcooler was leaking into my radiator that trip, I just replaced the radiator this morning and flushed all the ATF out with cascade , then to the shop to get a tranny flush when I get off in in a few hours .