Light switch???

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Traced it down...

Wait for it...

IT WAS THE AFTERMARKET ALARM installed 12 years ago... Not sure what in it, some relay built into it... Spent the last 40 minutes cutting one wire at a time before I found the right one. Still not sure how they interrupted the power, for now I have it jumped to a key on hot that I have.

What a rats nest of wires under there. Will take me hours to get it all cleaned up.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Traced it down...

Wait for it...

IT WAS THE AFTERMARKET ALARM installed 12 years ago... Not sure what in it, some relay built into it... Spent the last 40 minutes cutting one wire at a time before I found the right one. Still not sure how they interrupted the power, for now I have it jumped to a key on hot that I have.

What a rats nest of wires under there. Will take me hours to get it all cleaned up.

Well....hopefully you can talk the dealership into taking the switch back....tell them it was the wrong one, lol

I have an old alarm/starter on mine as well that doesn't work.... I'll have to keep this in mind if I ever run into similar issues.

Glad you got it squared away.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Its not fixed... Just noticed I still don't have dash lights... But for now I can get home.

Arisley

Reaction score
Hang on to that switch. I might need it in a year or two.

Sent from my truck while eating, adjusting the radio and passing a Mustang sideways.

Hope you find the real issue. Good luck, Joe.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well my lower dash it tore apart right now... Found a relay pack behind the glove box, near as I can tell that only operates the fog lights. Cant find one on the drivers side unless its behind the ashtray area...

Anyone ever dealt with this? Driving last night with no cab lights was interesting.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Man... I was hoping someone somewhere had dealt with this issue... Guess I am tearing the dash apart tonight.

Arisley

Reaction score
There are relays behind the ashtray area. I know the fuel pump relay is there, there is three or four more there also. The easiest way to get to them is to pull the ashtray and radio. For most people, it would be quick to pull the dash, but you have eleventy-three gauges mounted to it.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
HAHHAHHAA... Ass...

Thats my plan tonight is to pull the radio and ash tray as well as the trashbag holder.

Need to finish up removing the alarm as well and making sure all those wires are properly landed.

Arisley

Reaction score
Forgot your ash tray and cup holder are together. Yeah, I think the trash bag holder (where my ash tray is) will get you to it.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Fixed it...

Pulled the radio, the cup holder, the trash holder, my CB, Lower dash, GEM module drivers seat...

Chaffed wire behind the gem module had blown the fuse at the underhood fuse box (I think this happened after I removed the alarm thinking it was the issue). Repaired the wire, replaced the fuse and I have running lights... but no cab lights.

At this point it was 8:30 and dark. I decided to pull the switch out to check the wires there again, and in doing that I noticed I had power to the dimmer control now (which I had not had before)... Hummm now what the hell is the issue.

Pulled the old switch out of the box thinking maybe the new switch was bad. Pulled it apart and noticed something...

10606588_344176935757381_1158920417313664365_n.jpg

Old switch on top, new switch on bottom... Notice anything on the connector on the left...

I was pissed. Going to Ford today and they can kiss my butt while giving me my $200 back.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Fixed it...

Pulled the radio, the cup holder, the trash holder, my CB, Lower dash, GEM module drivers seat...

Chaffed wire behind the gem module had blown the fuse at the underhood fuse box (I think this happened after I removed the alarm thinking it was the issue). Repaired the wire, replaced the fuse and I have running lights... but no cab lights.

At this point it was 8:30 and dark. I decided to pull the switch out to check the wires there again, and in doing that I noticed I had power to the dimmer control now (which I had not had before)... Hummm now what the hell is the issue.

Pulled the old switch out of the box thinking maybe the new switch was bad. Pulled it apart and noticed something...

10606588_344176935757381_1158920417313664365_n.jpg

Old switch on top, new switch on bottom... Notice anything on the connector on the left...

I was pissed. Going to Ford today and they can kiss my butt while giving me my $200 back.

The pin get pulled out???

Arisley

Reaction score
So is everything working with the old switch back in?

Sent from my truck while eating, adjusting the radio and passing a Mustang sideways.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
The pin get pulled out???

There is NO pin... Be it the switch is made wrong, or they changed something in the wiring...

So is everything working with the old switch back in?

Back up and running. Still have some clean up work to do... LOL ****s thrown everywhere in the cab because I had to be back at work this morning at 5am for an air barrier test.

Latest posts

Members online