My build-Hard work pays off!

How far to go when the cab is pulled the first time

• Total voters

RSK

Reaction score
6FF59242-B159-47A5-843F-7055554BD592_zpscqfcljjn.jpg

Csilva187

Reaction score
It's is pretty cool! What fog lights if you don't mind OP? Lol gonna throw a sand box out back?

Last edited:

RSK

Reaction score
That plow looks sick lmao

Thanks! Coulda built the motor with this money! hopefully we get hammered with snow and i can take my plowing money from winter 14/15' and build a nasty motor, and put some turbo's on it and build a trans and then full fuel system to finish it off.

It's is pretty cool! What fog lights if you don't mind OP?

Thanks! Rigid D2's, I thought about getting a set for the plow too!

Csilva187

Reaction score
Thanks! Coulda built the motor with this money! hopefully we get hammered with snow and i can take my plowing money from winter 14/15' and build a nasty motor, and put some turbo's on it and build a trans and then full fuel system to finish it off.

Thanks! Rigid D2's, I thought about getting a set for the plow too!

Thanks. That'd be sweet.

alradco

Reaction score

Pretty smart plan, nice way to keep busy year round.

RSK

Reaction score
well looks like my truck is going in for a coolant leak... drivers side, mid to rear of motor. I have my fingers crossed it is just the egr coolers and deleting them will be the fix, especially because I already have a No limit egr delete kit. If it's not and the cab has to come up this soon, i'm probably just gonna do hd up pipes with egr provision from sdp, I was thinking about converting to 6.0 mani's but haven't seen a big difference, might throw a ported intake manifold on while the cab is up, depending on where the coolant leak is. I've been in the hot street since day one, so I doubt it head gaskets, and the degas bottle is dry around it, and radiator hoses have been up dated, and its too far back to be a radiator, so that leaves me with egr coolers most likely, so I think anyways. Thoughts?

RSK

Reaction score
as of right now i have no plans to add any additional fuel until this time next year...so the truck will probably be staying in the hot street tune until next end of summer of 15' but if it some how is the head gaskets that are leaking, then I guess pistons are going in and and the motor is getting built...really bad timing hoping its not time to build it. but I may buy some pistons anyways very shortly so i have them and the rest of the hd top end sitting waiting to go in.

madman1234509

Reaction score
I don't think coolant actually leaks from the head gasket surface. It's more so puking from the coolant tank from over pressuring the cooling system. I had a very fine crack in my lower egr cooler on my 08 where the coolant enters it. It was hard to detect because the coolant would evaporate very quickly. Wouldn't doubt if that was the issue though.

I'd find some 6.0 manifolds on eBay or on here used. Honestly up pipes aren't going to give you a gain. There is no restriction in the up pipes, the restriction is in the stock manifolds.

No one has proven a difference in the ported intake manifolds either. I've cut one apart and the only thing in there are the columns for the bolts. The rear really narrows down, and that could be an issue. But no one modifies that unless it's a completely custom manifold.

RSK

Reaction score
I don't think coolant actually leaks from the head gasket surface. It's more so puking from the coolant tank from over pressuring the cooling system. I had a very fine crack in my lower egr cooler on my 08 where the coolant enters it. It was hard to detect because the coolant would evaporate very quickly. Wouldn't doubt if that was the issue though.

I'd find some 6.0 manifolds on eBay or on here used. Honestly up pipes aren't going to give you a gain. There is no restriction in the up pipes, the restriction is in the stock manifolds.

No one has proven a difference in the ported intake manifolds either. I've cut one apart and the only thing in there are the columns for the bolts. The rear really narrows down, and that could be an issue. But no one modifies that unless it's a completely custom manifold.

I hadn't looked at the coolant at night with a flash, until about 15 mins ago, because it has gotten a lot worse, and it looks to be the lower radiator hose again, its coming right from where the o-ring, the hoses have one white end and one black end they are from napa, i'm guessing they are as good as oem ford ones. that's what the azzhole dealer who i bought my truck from used to replace the leaking hose. i'm guess napa ones aren't that good. I didn't think up pipes were going give me any gain except more reliability from going with stainless hd up pipes, but are 6.0 aftermarket mani's are worth the money?

Last edited:

RSK

Reaction score
Id get rid of the egr coolers anyways asap before they cake your motor.. cooler fails...coolant in cylinder...bam..there goes your block

they have been turned off since the truck was tuned. that doesn't do anything?

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Coolant still flows thru them. So if one fails. Coolant in cylinders and boom.