IMG_5225.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_5264.jpg
    IMG_5264.jpg
    574.2 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

01_Excursion

Reaction score
Yeah man, I just had them fully recovered a couple weeks ago, in the original Medium Graphite grey, and a BMW blue leather, the headliner got done too. I added OE heat/foam pads to the front seats, and heat pads to the lower backs. Just have to finish adding the harnesses, switch, and factory vanlace.

Attachments

• IMG_5230.jpg
    IMG_5230.jpg
    723.2 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_4763.JPG
    IMG_4763.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
Yeah man, I just had them fully recovered a couple weeks ago, in the original Medium Graphite grey, and a BMW blue leather, the headliner got done too. I added OE heat/foam pads to the front seats, and heat pads to the lower backs. Just have to finish adding the harnesses, switch, and factory vanlace.

What does something like that run you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heavydoc

Reaction score
Who was your upholstery guy, that whole job looks fantastic.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

01_Excursion

Reaction score
Local independent upholstery shop, Carolina Upholstery in Fort Mill, South Carolina, I dropped the seats off to him, with OE seat foam padding w/heat for the front 2 captains, and 1 seat foam for the 3rd row bench, $3,000.00 out the door. The leather, vinyl, and carpet trim was all replaced.

The headliner was done elsewhere, brought it to the guy, $200.00 out the door, if I remember.

The pass captains chair armrest is being re-done due to crooked double stitching I pointed out. Waiting on that to be finished. I've driven cargo van service trucks all my life, Gery interiors of course, really done with so much grey. Since this was a summer weekend ride, and bought to tow the boat, which is blue and white, the blue two-tone idea was born for the X.
I'm pretty proud of it..

Attachments

• IMG_2400.jpg
    IMG_2400.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_5214.jpg
    IMG_5214.jpg
    710 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_5223.jpg
    IMG_5223.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_5196.jpg
    IMG_5196.jpg
    633.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_5211.jpg
    IMG_5211.jpg
    752.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

gwunter

Reaction score
I was going to say this looked like boat seats, but didn't want to degrade the look. I think it looks sharp!! Just wait till it gets broke in.

01_Excursion

Reaction score
I was going to say this looked like boat seats, but didn't want to degrade the look. I think it looks sharp!! Just wait till it gets broke in.

I figured the blue could qualify as a standalone two tone, when not hitched to the boat, or if the boat ever was sold.

01_Excursion

Reaction score
holy chit!! that is an absolute beauty of a ex!! well done sir!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thank You. I'm pretty proud of it so far. So much has been done in the last year that you just don't see, or knew was replaced. Corrected/correcting the screwed lift, replaced the crap tires, upgraded water pump, batteries, high amp alternator, upgraded starter, many interior trims, all the weather strips are new, replaced the ford accessory nerf bars with the same as they were starting to corrode through, LED lights above the step pads, new turn signal lever, shift lever, headlight switch, upgraded to the signal mirror option of that year, ford parts only, I already had tow with heat. I sourced a set of Limited trim Medium Graphite door panels, rare but they're out there, which gave me the factory wood grain trim.
Next up is a package to Dallas Custom Steering wheels. My current wheel is all the same grey, the circumference is going to become the same blue leather, not sure if I want the whole ring in blue, or the top and bottom in blue, and the sides in the same grey. I'm leaning towards the two tone I think. I had thought I wanted matching blue carpet, knowing I'd have to see the truck after the seats were done, I decided no blue carpet, and the original grey was just fine. After the steering wheel is done, the last possible addition of blue might be the lower door panel carpets.

Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
What type of floor mats do you have in it? I haven't found much for the rear of the x, but I haven't looked in a while either. I run husky liner weather beaters up front, but the kids make quite a mess in the back with crayons & crackers.

01_Excursion

Reaction score
What type of floor mats do you have in it? I haven't found much for the rear of the x, but I haven't looked in a while either. I run husky liner weather beaters up front, but the kids make quite a mess in the back with crayons & crackers.

I went with a full set of Weathertech mats, the laser measured, 3D in the front, standard set for the middle (front & back of 60/40 bench), and full mat for the rear. The full rear mat gives you coverage up to the drop off just ahead of the 3rd removable bench. The non full rear mat stops at the release handle of the 3rd bench.

http://www.weathertech.com/ford/2004/excursion/floorliner-digitalfit/

http://www.weathertech.com/ford/2001/excursion/cargo-liner/

Attachments

• IMG_5225.JPG
    IMG_5225.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
thanks. I'm a big fan of the laser fit mats. Not too much of a fan of the original husky liners though. I'll be ordering that rear mat when I get my interior done.

01_Excursion

Reaction score
thanks. I'm a big fan of the laser fit mats. Not too much of a fan of the original husky liners though. I'll be ordering that rear mat when I get my interior done.

I actually chose the wrong color leather from the ford book, between the book and my original seats, it appeared I should have Light Graphite, my color code is Medium Graphite. I had to re-order the vinyl and leather in the darker grey.
So I have enough hides and vinyl in Light Graphite to do an Excursion, that I need to sell at cost.

Wayne

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, but I'm going with black interior when I get around to it. I built it off of an '08 XLT, and really want the lariat features. I just got a line on an '09 lariat interior with all the necessary components to convert, but it's a month or so out. Once I get my hands on it, I'll be finishing it up. I just went with black katzkins with the gator inserts for upholstery.
IMG_20161116_182210278.jpg

Latest posts

Members online