Windshield Wiper - Movement at Start up

SKYWALKR

Reaction score
I have noticed a few times that my windshield wipers will activate for one swipe at start up sometimes, and ironically this seems to be the times when my transmission needs to relearn or it shifts rough.

The truck is now tuned, but this happened even before tuning. The truck always starts, and never seems like a low battery. Is it possible the ECU is rebooting for some reason?

Anyone else get the intermittent wiper swipe?

Kxc

Reaction score
Look under "courtesy wipe" in the dash settings and switch it to off . It sure if that's exactly what it's for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redneck1

Reaction score
Look under "courtesy wipe" in the dash settings and switch it to off . It sure if that's exactly what it's for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the courtesy wipe ran the wipers the three times after you ran the windshield washer. But I'm with you, kxc, don't know exactly.. Worth a try, though..

KCCO

griz700rocket

Reaction score
I'm working on a flood damaged truck right now and it does this sometimes when I turn it on. Most certainly something to do with a faulty connection somewhere.

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
Mine does this as well, but so few and far between that I don't really worry about it. Do some searching on here and the .org, you should find some answers. I believe I remember something about the module getting wet under the hood maybe? I also know for sure that the wiper/high beam switch itself has been a problem on many a truck. You may start by replacing that and see what it gets you.

SKYWALKR

Reaction score
Thanks for the intel guys.

It is definitely not the courtesy wipe function and like others have said is not occurring at any interval that I can pattern.

I have now noticed it twice since my truck has been tuned and in each case it also seems my transmission needs to relearn itself specifically the TC lock timing when cruising... almost like the wipe signifies some form of soft reboot of the computer. The crap shoot now is that since it is tuned the dealership will in all likely hood say it was the tuner that caused it...

Thanks again for the gouge.

Semper Fi,
Luke

Codydiesel

Reaction score
It is your multifunction switch (the wiper/turn signal stick) they have been known to go bad mine did it before. The part should be 25-35 dollars and maybe 30 mins to replace.

SKYWALKR

Reaction score
Does that also tie into the ECU in any way that could be causing the lite reboot sympton with the transmission?

I like easy solutions...

Semper Fi,
Luke

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
It is your multifunction switch (the wiper/turn signal stick) they have been known to go bad mine did it before. The part should be 25-35 dollars and maybe 30 mins to replace.

this, mine went out and had same issue until one day they never turned off. pulled fuse and drove to dealer to buy part

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.