New T500 no start oil leak out of the box

reelstuff

Reaction score
I just went through a top end refresh, turbo, glow plugs, GPR, all new branded, purchased a T500 installed, with a new IPR, New IDM, no start,

I went back through and rechecked everything, harness injectors, DTC codes, found IPR pressure low, (forget the code for now, can't remember) however I checked the output with a scanner and it was wildly fluctuating, high then low then medium then low, checked the valley saw oil,

(cursed awhile) then pulled the IPR, checked the seal and the rear facing of the pump, nothing, no oil, replaced and tested again.

no start, no codes,

Pulled fuel bowl, pulled HPOP,

It appears that the bb orifice is leaking.

I attempted to contact the company by email, received one reply about what kind of gasket I had used, then nothing,.

Willing to give any one the benefit of the doubt, so not complaining but need to have a direction to go in as I can't get them by phone, called three times Friday, answered each time but when transferred to technical support no answer and file 13. (you know the sound)

Anyway, hoping to get back in touch with them on monday, I am just curious if there is any common known condition that would cause a leak in this position.

photo included.

hpop2.jpg

Reaction score
You are aware that it takes A LOT of cranking to get the air out of the system when replacing the hpop or injectors. You will also have fluctuations in readings until you get the air purged, once you get it running, you need to put about 50-100 miles on it before it normalizes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Crank for a second then dump 24 oz of oil in the hpop reservoir then crank for a second and add some more oil. That will speed up the starting process

reelstuff

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, so far its a no start condition, with an oil leak from the T500 inspecting the unit more thoroughly (with a jewelers loop) I wanted to verify that there were no external cracks in the housing, (I can't find one that is obvious) just the usual casting marks that look a little suspect but no smoking gun.

Using the same jewelers loop, I looked at the (unserviceable serviceable, port) I can see some evidence of perhaps the possibility of a leak. It looks like until I can get the folks at Terminator on the phone, I have to dig the chevy out from under the barn. . .

From reading up on some older threads, there could be some issue with the pump itself, so for now I have everything out of the truck, minus the heads and the valley. guess I could look at some upgrades, while I have it down.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Make sure the gear bolt is torque to 90 ft lbs. I had the same same extended crank when I put in my T500 in. And yes, I filled the reservoir. You could only put so much oil in the reservoir and the rest overflows to the pan.

Joey is busy and is a stand up guy.

Billy T.
[email protected]

mikeeg02

Reaction score
How long have you cranked it? 30 seconds at a clip? The first adrenaline I put on years ago, I didn't prime anything. I had to crank it for 30-45 seconds, then I gave the starter a break. And I may of had to do it 2 more times before it would fire. How long did you crank it continuously ?

Latest posts

Members online