Leveling out the rear of a lifted F250?

cpadolf3

Reaction score
My 2001 F250 ECLB PSD was "lifted" 4 inches according to the previous owner. However, it clearly sits a lot higher in the front than it does in the back. It is lifted with blocks, and I measured 4 inches in the rear, but only 1.5 inches of blocks up front. Maybe the rest is done using only bigger leaf springs? Either way, I hate the bulldog look, especially while I'm towing. What's the best way for me to level it out in the rear?

Problem 2. While investigating this underneath, I thought my new shocks looked odd. They've only been on for 8000 miles, but they are compressed very differently from one another in the rear. The left rear is showing 6 inches of the shaft, but the right is showing 7.5. Is this normal? Any help is appreciated

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
front springs are probably aftermarket with a bigger arch to them plus the block.. add more leafs in back or remove some from front.. shocks are mounted opposite of each other.. prolly different angles..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

cpadolf3

Reaction score
front springs are probably aftermarket with a bigger arch to them plus the block.. add more leafs in back or remove some from front.. shocks are mounted opposite of each other.. prolly different angles..

live life full throttle

Any recommendations on where to buy new leaf springs? Or bigger blocks?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Any recommendations on where to buy new leaf springs? Or bigger blocks?

I dont know bud.. I dont mess with the hight of my trucks. I have no use for lift kits..

live life full throttle

ncollins64

Reaction score
You can call ford and use oem springs or you can contact atlas springs and have them make you a set. I've always had good luck with them. OUO and PMF on here sells basic blocks in different heights that you can run for the rear. I'd def get the blocks off the front.

Last edited:

cpadolf3

Reaction score
You can call ford and use oem springs or you can contact atlas springs and have them make you a set. I've always had good luck with them. PMF and ouo on here sells basic blocks in different heights that you can run for the rear. I'd def get the blocks off the front.
Wouldn't OEM be stock height? As much as I regret getting a lifted truck, I just put brand new 35 inch tires on it, so I can't go any lower in the rear for sure. I just wanted to raise it to get it the same height as it is up front. Any thoughts on airbags?

ncollins64

Reaction score
You could use oem springs up front with shackles, or contact atlas etc for some lift springs so you can get that front block out of there. As for the rear, I'd do some traction blocks at your desired height that you want and they will have a built in mount for bars. If funds allow, get the front where you want it in a safe manner then set the rear.

cpadolf3

Reaction score
You could use oem springs up front with shackles, or contact atlas etc for some lift springs so you can get that front block out of there. As for the rear, I'd do some traction blocks at your desired height that you want and they will have a built in mount for bars. If funds allow, get the front where you want it in a safe manner then set the rear.
I'm definitely not wanting to spend a ton on it, being that it doesn't really effect safety or anything like that. Just figured I'd dress it up a bit by levelling it. I know I can buy airbags for about $200 (which is the most I'd want to spend) but will they adjust the height that much? Or just compensate for weight?

Flounder_Pounder

Reaction score
Definitely remove the blocks upfront! just that might get it sitting right or like you want. The sitting low in the back is "in" these days for "street" trucks that don't tow anything.... Blocks up front are dangerous, the front end takes most all the breaking forces and turning forces, so adding more leverage and longer unbolts up front can make for a bad situation. You won't find any reputable company selling or installing blocks up front on a street truck... The closet to front blocks you'll find "mini spring" packs which IOP is pretty close blocks...

PS. The 7.3 forum here is not very active these days, I'd try posting this in the SuperDuty aftermarket.

Latest posts

Members online