Tuning

F

Floorboard79

Looking at EZ-Lync with ppei tuning. Anyone have any input? Better to wait it out ?

Wayne

Reaction score
A buddy of mine had a whole bunch of problems where the vgt control was not right. it put him in limp mode. it would intermittently work, and when it did it was great, but having problems every day regardless. apparently he's not the only one. He made a bunch of changes as pre request of ppei. They still couldn't get it right after a couple weeks. his emissions stuff is back on so the truck can be reliable. Most trucks are running properly from what I hear, but if you're in that small percentage, life will not be good. On a positive note, they are aware of the problems, and updated repair tunes will download automatically once they're ready.

F

Floorboard79

Is this a fresh tune different than the export flash everyone else is using?

Sounds like waiting awhile is the best bet, and tcm tuning would be a nice bonus

sootie

Reaction score
A buddy of mine had a whole bunch of problems where the vgt control was not right. it put him in limp mode. it would intermittently work, and when it did it was great, but having problems every day regardless. apparently he's not the only one. He made a bunch of changes as pre request of ppei. They still couldn't get it right after a couple weeks. his emissions stuff is back on so the truck can be reliable. Most trucks are running properly from what I hear, but if you're in that small percentage, life will not be good. On a positive note, they are aware of the problems, and updated repair tunes will download automatically once they're ready.

on a 17??

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
we've had no issues yet. runs perfect. hit me up when you're ready !

highdrum

Reaction score
i have ezlynk on my 17, as far as I know, its the export tune, turns off EGR, *** & Urea. I used an 11-16 ****** pipe, kept stock tail section for now. Truck is a bit more sluggish off the roll, but once it gets to about 15mph, it spools up and runs far better up top than the *** intact tuning. I am sure ford did this to prevent smoke levels. I get ZERO smoke from my ******d truck, none. It runs very well, I cannot wait for advanced tuning.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i have ezlynk on my 17, as far as I know, its the export tune, turns off EGR, *** & Urea. I used an 11-16 ****** pipe, kept stock tail section for now. Truck is a bit more sluggish off the roll, but once it gets to about 15mph, it spools up and runs far better up top than the *** intact tuning. I am sure ford did this to prevent smoke levels. I get ZERO smoke from my ******d truck, none. It runs very well, I cannot wait for advanced tuning.

yep its got dead pedal . small price to pay though !

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I have been running the EZ Lynk for about a week now. Love it. I am running a 11-16 straight pipe. It is a bit longer than the "space shuttle" that is under the 17... only about an inch or so, but it fit.

Runs great. But as stated above, it is very docile until about 10-12 mph (I have 4.10 gears in mine) and then hits pretty nicely. But it def sounds great, and runs very nice. And the exhaust brake still functions nicely as well. 27,000 miles, and about 22,000 miles with the trailer attached, and my brake pads are barely scuffed.

I will be towing my 52 foot enclosed a few short trips this week and weekend. I am hoping for better fuel economy (7.7-8.1 hauling a full load...) temps were not an issue even when it was stock, so I dont suspect there to be an issue there. Neither was towing power...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I have been running the EZ Lynk for about a week now. Love it. I am running a 11-16 straight pipe. It is a bit longer than the "space shuttle" that is under the 17... only about an inch or so, but it fit.

Runs great. But as stated above, it is very docile until about 10-12 mph (I have 4.10 gears in mine) and then hits pretty nicely. But it def sounds great, and runs very nice. And the exhaust brake still functions nicely as well. 27,000 miles, and about 22,000 miles with the trailer attached, and my brake pads are barely scuffed.

I will be towing my 52 foot enclosed a few short trips this week and weekend. I am hoping for better fuel economy (7.7-8.1 hauling a full load...) temps were not an issue even when it was stock, so I dont suspect there to be an issue there. Neither was towing power...

i haven't seen much of a mileage increase yet but most my driving is city .

Dennis Perry

Reaction score
Still waiting for the dyno graph from patriot... :p

Matt from Patriot Diagnostics is coming here Monday and we will be fine tuning the Program. These trucks Do Not Like to be Dyno'd. I believe something in the ECM detects it and limits it to stock power? We will be doing some 0-60 acceleration test and some 1/8 mile runs. Then we can take the weight of the truck and the 1/8 mile times to calculate the hp made. Matt has out ran a 504hp tuned truck with his 2017 so we like the power its making on the street. Now we will do some other test to get some actual verified numbers for you guys.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Driving around, I picked up just under 2 mpg. With the trailer, I saw a solid 2 mpg increase. The trailer was empty, so, we will see this weekend, if it holds that high or not with 35 k...

yeah mine idles longer than it drives so i can't really say for sure, but no change for me !

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Well, at 35 k gross, I picked up a solid 1 MPG. It was a short trip, about 70 miles, so that puts me over 9 mpg. Pretty flat, 1-2 % grade slow rollers. cruising at 65 mph. I am at 30 k gross now, taking a 450 mile trip tonight. We will see how she does.

1 mpg does not sound like a lot, but, up from under 8, thats about 12 % increase in fuel economy, and 12% DECREASE in fuel cost.... And at $10,000 per quarter, that keeps about $1,200 bucks in my pocket... So, my EZ Lynk will pay for itself in 3 months... LOL

Latest posts

Members online