Edge monitor causing crank/no start?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Twice now my truck had been a crank no start. Once I got off the highway, shut her down for about 10 mins. Cranked her over and she just spun for about 15 seconds. Didn't even hit, no injector clack, just like there was nothing going on. I recycled, edge turned on, and she fired right off.

Yesterday I remote start, she cranks for 15 seconds and same thing.

Figuring I must go manually crank and watch pids, I hop in and turn key, nothing from the edge. Touch screen, it powers on, I wait for data list, hit key, fires....

The only other thing I've changed since this has happened is i got my chip reflashed. Highly doubt it's related.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Normally having something connected to the OBDII port would not be a reason for no-start. However, I cannot speak for the Edge products and the issues they may have.

I personally have never heard of that though. I have heard of trucks shutting down when trying to read codes (normally on OBS), but never disabling a truck from firing.

Does your WTS and SES light come on when you have a crank no start condition?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Since I've only been in it once while crank no start, I didn't look. It's happened twice since posting. I will look though. It seems there is a KAM code

golfer

Reaction score
most likely a chip/connection issue..(chip not seated/corrosion on circuit board?)

though, I have had one 7.3L customer experience a similar issue, and I had to copy/paste his VIN into each one of his chip programs so that the CTS(2?) would work correctly...

though I can't recall if he had any starting issues (definitely had lack of connectivity w/ CTS until tunes were matched to his VIN)

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The only issues I've seen from the OBD port and starting issues is a full blown shut down while trying to pull codes on an OBS PCM as Justin said.

Honestly sounds like a connection issue OR corrupted software.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Hmm.. This did start right after chip install. its seated properly and pcm is clean. I may unplug the edge for a bit and see what happens. Today when I got in the OD was flashing on shifter... but didnt effect trans at all

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Running with edge unplugged. Still happening. In contact with tuner now to see what next steps are

Latest posts

Members online