Possible egt sensor failure

That_one_obs

Reaction score
Id like to start by saying hello. Im from maryland, im a builder by trade but as usual that just gives me the means to play with my trucks. . My first truck was a 7.3 and ive recently bought a 6.7. Im by no means new to the forum. Ive came here for years, just not a social butterfly so i never regsitered or posted before. But im glad to be a newly registered member! Excuse my possible ignorance since im new to the 6.7s and am still in the learning stage. Onto my issue. Im pretty sure im having some sort of egt temp shutdown. Thing is my truck has had weight loss surgery, and i havent gotten a pull over safely or cel. Its only happened twice but i dont want this to become a bigger issue or embarass the **** out of me. both times were at high speeds and wot and it starts back up after a couple minutes. Seems to sputter down just like they all describe. So im wondering if there is a way to confirm whatevers happening. Or if it Could be something entirely different? Just from reading what happens to the guys with the egt sensor minus the warning lights everything else fits. Besides the typical exhaust sensor locations all i found was that they added one pre turbo on the 15s and the 6.4s had one. Mines a 12. Cant find anything on the previous years. Thoughts, opinions? Thanks in advance

sootie

Reaction score
sounds like you are draining the fuel rail. What tunes are on it?

04cr450

Reaction score
Welcome from another maryland native, "what's in your wallet?" Haha sorry for derail. Dont hAve alot of knowledge yet on the 6.7 but sounds like a fuel rail issue/tuning.

Latest posts

Members online