Low icp pressure even after Adrenaline pump. Need clarification

monster50iii

Reaction score
So with php tunes I only get about 2000psi icp pressure. I've replaced the hpop, ipr, and icp. I have new injectors cups and orings to go in next. My question is what else can cause this? I figured if it's still not up to party that maybe the lpop may be a cause but it's never died after startup like some claims happens. However, ifor it sits for 2 months the reservoir will be empty and it starts hard and runs like **** for a few min. But, drive it every day, or once a week and it starts pretty nice.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Who's injector o rings did you use? You could also make sure HPOP gear bolt is tight.

mandkole

Reaction score
^^this, and you need to troubleshoot where the pressure is going. 2000 cranking pressure or max running pressure? If you've had low pressure issues and the orings haven't been replaced then it may be there. Keep in mind that the AD injectors are oil hungry also. Make sure the rails are holding pressure before concern with a new pump and ipr.

monster50iii

Reaction score
I haven't replaced orings yet, but they were purchased from riffraff...OEM I believe.

On a 4th gear pull at 95% load (so it doesn't downshift), the duty cycle will climb to 65%+ before I let off..it climbs until I let off. When I do let off icp pressure jumps from 2000psi to 3500psi.

Guys keep saying these injectors are oil hungry. Are you saying that an adrenaline pump with everything else perfect can't feed ad injectors on a big tunes? If not, then it doesn't matter. I know the pressure is bleeding off somewhere just need to find it. If it isn't injector orings where else could it be? The hpop lines are leaking at all

mandkole

Reaction score
Pressurize each rail with valve cover off and see where the oil goes. Look at base of injs and spouts. It's likely going by the orings

ADs are tough for single stock housing pumps. Your php tuning shouldn't be crazy on PW so it's command should not be insane.. what file are you running? anything more than an 80 file doesn't keep making much more power on stock injs.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Pressurize each rail with valve cover off and see where the oil goes. Look at base of injs and spouts. It's likely going by the orings

ADs are tough for single pumps. Your php tuning shouldn't be crazy on PW so it's command should not be insane.. what file are you running? anything more than an 80 file doesn't keep making much more power on stock injs.

They are oil hungry but not for an adrenaline and not with php tuning. A 250/200 supposedly is identical in oil consumption to an ad. I ran around on a 15deg pump for six months with junky ff 250/2s and it ran good.

I think you are correct in pointing to his oring set being shot.

monster50iii

Reaction score
I plan on starting the process of pulling injectors, and replacing orings tonight after work. I have new cups as well; should a guy replace these? I figured being I was in there to do it. It'd save alot of time to not have to worry about them.

mandkole

Reaction score
I never have..Id let that dog lie. Normally, they don't get worked on unless the coolant is mixing in the oil or fuel. Just clean them out real good.

An easy test to entertain yourself with the VCs off before you pull them is to remove injector power, key on and crank the motor to build pump pressure. (Remove the oil spouts from the injector. ) Watch for if the oil comes from anywhere. You'll see if the top orings are bad and if there is any bad poppet seal. If you see oil from the poppet oil spill port, need to think about rebuilding the injs while they are out.

monster50iii

Reaction score
So, to remove power to the injectors, just unclip each individual injector? Or is there a main harness..? And if I see any oil whatsoever come from the spill port the injector should be rebuilt?

ghohouston

Reaction score
The big 42 pin square connector, with the 10mm bolt in it keeps power from going to the injectors. Some oil should come from the spill ports.

mandkole

Reaction score
Some oil should come from the spill ports.

Are we talking the same thing? During operation, yes, but not if the injector is disabled.. Im not certain of the relief/crack pressure, but understood the poppet should hold back 3000 psi.

mandkole

Reaction score
So, to remove power to the injectors, just unclip each individual injector? Or is there a main harness..? And if I see any oil whatsoever come from the spill port the injector should be rebuilt?

Just carefully unclip the harness or the fuse on the IDM power. The big PCM connector will disable everything and you need power going to the IPR as normal.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Are we talking the same thing? During operation, yes, but not if the injector is disabled.. Im not certain of the relief/crack pressure, but understood the poppet should hold back 3000 psi.

Brainfart there, good eye. Yes, if the solenoid is unplugged, it shouldn't shoot oil from the spout.

Latest posts

Members online