No heat now that its cold outside

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
honestly i have no idea since i replaced everything except the heater core, i have a feeling its because i reversed the heater hoses on the core

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
But, since i took it to the dealer im having them replace the body mounts, oil change, flush and fill the coolant system, recharge the A/C, fuel filters, and fix all the leaks.

i better get at least another 100k out of this truck before anything else breaks.

i really like this truck, but all this broken crap has seriously put a sour taste in my mouth

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
when i was at the dealer i jokingly said if they give me payoff id buy a new one right now, so they entertained the idea and it almost happened, but they were only going to give me 14k for my truck so i declined hahahahahaha

sootie

Reaction score
But, since i took it to the dealer im having them replace the body mounts, oil change, flush and fill the coolant system, recharge the A/C, fuel filters, and fix all the leaks.

i better get at least another 100k out of this truck before anything else breaks.

i really like this truck, but all this broken crap has seriously put a sour taste in my mouth

not gonna happen...

Jomax

Reaction score
I'd go get a 6.7.

Btw, American Vehicles aren't junk. I've had the worst luck with VW. I personally think they're a POS. I have family that had bad luck with them as well.

You get a bad vehicle in every brand foreign and domestic. My 2015 has 85k miles without a hiccup other then self inflicted issues. I can't ask for more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
I'll take my nissan over my ford any day, like 8ve said, I've only owned 2 American vehicles and they have both been extremely unreliable, I'm sure it would be a different story if had got them new, but I didnt. So in my experience American cars are unreliable

Jomax

Reaction score
I'll take my nissan over my ford any day, like 8ve said, I've only owned 2 American vehicles and they have both been extremely unreliable, I'm sure it would be a different story if had got them new, but I didnt. So in my experience American cars are unreliable

And in my experience, German cars are unreliable lol.

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
In most cases I'd agree with you, but luckily I know VWs so fixing them is easy for me, and all of mine I wouldn't hesitate to drive across the country....I just hope my nightmare is over with this truck, I really do like it, and with any luck all its issues are done

ckrueg

Reaction score
I'd go get a 6.7.

Btw, American Vehicles aren't junk. I've had the worst luck with VW. I personally think they're a POS. I have family that had bad luck with them as well.

You get a bad vehicle in every brand foreign and domestic. My 2015 has 85k miles without a hiccup other then self inflicted issues. I can't ask for more.

I agree. Between my dad's two 7.3s, and my old 6.4 we only had a handful of repairs and all of them had over 350k. Heck his 99 he bought new has 460k and still runs fine

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
I agree. Between my dad's two 7.3s, and my old 6.4 we only had a handful of repairs and all of them had over 350k. Heck his 99 he bought new has 460k and still runs fine

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

im guessing you have had them since new,
on my 4th day of driving my truck i had to replace the tranny (bought the truck and drove it for 2 days before i had to goto the west coast for work for 3 months, tranny died the day after i got back from Seattle) then right after i got it back from the shop i had to rebuild the rear end, then the waterpump started leaking, so i took it back to the shop i bought it from so they could do the waterpump, when i got it back from them it didnt have any heat, but since it took about 5 months to learn it didnt have heat anymore they basically told me to **** off, so i decided to fix it myself...nothing i did got the heat to work to the point of replacing everything, heat works now but honestly i have no idea what actually fixed it since i replaced everything except the heater core

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
and it was to much work to take the intake off to get to the hoses and verify flow to and through the heater core to narrow down your issue, but hey, gutting the front end and taking it to the dealer was a much easier option.

but thats just a observation of a guy who's followed this one.

most people who have a 6.4 will tell ya, when you buy one used your going to fk with it in and out of the shop for a while, then you'll get all your bugs worked out and you'll be fine. just seems like the 6.4 "ironing out the bugs period" is a little longer and a little more expensive than other trucks.

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
and it was to much work to take the intake off to get to the hoses and verify flow to and through the heater core to narrow down your issue, but hey, gutting the front end and taking it to the dealer was a much easier option.

but thats just a observation of a guy who's followed this one.

most people who have a 6.4 will tell ya, when you buy one used your going to fk with it in and out of the shop for a while, then you'll get all your bugs worked out and you'll be fine. just seems like the 6.4 "ironing out the bugs period" is a little longer and a little more expensive than other trucks.

Verifying flow was one of the fist things I did,so you either missed it or you just feel like flaming me because you're having a bad day. Besides I'm glad I tore it apart cause I never would have found all the other things that needed to be fixed

As for this truck, when you buy something for 28k from a place that claims to f8x them you expect it to last for at least a little while. Not s0end well over 10k for repairs in less than 6 months of driving it....keep in mind having put maybe 400 miles on the truck before I had to replace the tranny...are you trying to say you'd be happy ?

Last edited:

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
nah, but 400 miles puts me at about 3-5 days, so i'd have a leg to stand on to make them fix it and back it for a for a few thousand after that. "you sold me someones problem, so you either didn't tell me about it, or you didn't check it out well enough to tell me about it. make it right."

every truck i've ever bought used, i always have gotten 90 day/2500 miles which ever is LONGER, major failure...warranty for lack of a better word. ends up meaning anything powertrain, but not turbo's, and i always make them add major fuel system components at my additional cost. usually costs me bout $1k extra, but has more than payed for itself several times. i buy parts, they pay for labor.

90 days is more than enough time for something to fail if it's going to, or if it feels like it's going to fail but not fast enough i can make it fail faster so it falls in my time window.

it's gotten me a trans, rear end, and a motor on various things.

i will never walk off the lot with a truck "as is".

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
if it was a car lot it would have been easier to deal with, its just a small performance shop. one that i will never deal with again

at least everything should be good now, with the exception of stuff i know it needs...like the alternator, i have it, just waiting to get the truck back so i can install it and new batteries....its funny cause it arrived right after i dropped it off at the dealer.

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
truck is back, and its nice to have it back on the road...everything is working great, no leaks whatsoever.
now i just hope it is a reliable truck now that every issue i have found is fixed.

thankyou to everyone that offered help and guidance even the ones i didnt listen to :)