dp tuner tunes on php hydra-chip

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
I currently have an f8 with dptuner tunes and have been more then happy with their product but the new hydra-chip by php has caught my attention. I'm wondering if its possible to put dptuner tunes on the hydra-chip and does the hydra support the minotaur custom tuning?

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I currently have an f8 with dptuner tunes and have been more then happy with their product but the new hydra-chip by php has caught my attention. I'm wondering if its possible to put dptuner tunes on the hydra-chip and does the hydra support the minotaur custom tuning?

Yes to? One, no to? 2

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
Does the minotaur tuning have to be on a gryphon programmer and can't be put on a chip so it would be switch on the fly?

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
If I remember correctly Minotaur is the custom tuning program where you can tune the truck yourself, unless you have extensive knowledge of these trucks I wouldn't even attempt it. That is the program to create files yourself and load them onto a 6 position chip.

Imho I see no use in having 17 tunes. I only use 2 of mine, Stock and Race, all others are just more for me to turn the knob through. If you want the hydra you might as well just change tuners. You will like php a lot, I have ran bills tunes before.

2000wa250

Reaction score
As far as I know, Minotaur tunes can be put onto the Hydra. As far as DP tunes onto it, I dont believe so.

rammertide07

Reaction score
You need to do more reading.... U can load tunes from 17 different tuners on it if u would like

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Where did you read that? I only saw it can hold 17 different tunes, not access for 17 different tuner files.

http://www.powerhungryperformance.com/_hydra_chip.shtml

I HIGHLY doubt they would work together on this project...or any sales project. I've read several user reviews that went from DP to PHP and reported lower EGT's, broader power band, and better throttle response.

JDub

Reaction score
The F8 chip you're currently running will support tunes from any tuner, it is not restricted to DP only tunes.

bruce

Reaction score
call me old fashioned but my old ts works like a charm, can be tuned but lots of different people and doesn't have rf interference issues

Latest posts