Recommendations for speakers

psduser1

Reaction score
2002 excursion needs some attention in the audio department. It's been 15 years, give or take, since I've done anything with stereos, so I need some advice on replacement speakers. Not going for competition quality, but it would be nice to turn it up, and still have good quality music.
So far, I've swapped in a pioneer hu, added an amp, and 10? sub. Dynamatt is on its way, as well, for the doors and floorpan.
I'd like to do the door work all at the same time, obviously, and mount the sub in the cargo area, instead of in a loose box.
Thoughts? Advice?

Garbs

Reaction score
Depends what music you listen to really. Want to add some vocals into your setup for example country, go with Hertz. Never thought much of them before but country music sounds impressive with my subwoofer. Since you have a sub those would be fine. If you want more boom go with Alpine or JL.

Amicus

Reaction score
I just update my stock speakers with some kickers with tweeters and I love them. It was a huge improvement over stock. Trying to figure out how to add to more speakers up front.

psduser1

Reaction score
I mostly listen to rock.
I'll check into hertz, never heard of them.
Any thoughts on infinity'so line? I know they used to be pretty good, but it's been a long time, lol.
I'd really like a separate tweeter mounted higher in the door, under the trim piece in the corner of the window?

white59rt

Reaction score
I replaced the stock speakers with kicker 6x8s that got really good reviews. So far I am happy with them but they need some more power so I am adding an alpine power pack to kick them in the pants a bit. Trying to keep everything all stock, I dont want to go crazy on another stereo system :)

Todd

Brian22

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Focal's. They are very good speakers, but also damn expensive. Kicker makes some decent stuff and Infinity is still rated up there with some of the best. Everything depends on how much you have to spend. Just about any aftermarket speaker will sound better than stock when paired up with a good HU and a little bit of power to the speakers.

bhudson

Reaction score
Been out of the game for a while, but are people still using MB Quart or has something better come along?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psduser1

Reaction score
My bil is pushing the Alpine "r" 6x8s, or some kickers.
I've got six to buy for this excursion, be nice to keep the money around 2-400. I've got to get a couple new movie screens, as well.

white59rt

Reaction score

HighSilver

Reaction score
Been out of the game for a while, but are people still using MB Quart or has something better come along?

I've been out of the game as well but I wish I could still get MB Quartz. They are no more and I found this out trying to get a replacement for one of my Q tweeters a few years ago.

bhudson

Reaction score
Well damn. So what's the good stuff now then since mb quart is gone?

Latest posts

Members online